Thursday, Nov. 4, 2021
- 12:15 p.m., for Department of Medicine Grand Rounds
- 5 p.m., for all members of the Baylor Community.
- Zoom Link for 5 p.m. session: https://bcm.zoom.us/j/96548049828?pwd=UmptZElsSzFZUUlTWFRRMzcyVzZCdz09
- Meeting ID: 965 4804 9828
- Password: 506389
Speaker: Betsy White Williams, Ph.D., M.P.H., director of the Professional Renewal Center at the University of Kansas. Dr. Williams is an active leader in the American Board of Medical Specialties, and she leads initiatives to help distressed physicians with professionalism challenges.
Presentation: “Calming the Waters: Professionalism Post Covid.”
Her talk will cover:
- Health and wellbeing as aspects of professionalism
- The association of poor health or wellbeing and risk of professionalism difficulties
- Positive psychological growth after struggling with highly challenging stressful life situations