The Health Policy Institute Student Forum at Baylor College of Medicine is designed to create experiences in health policy for medical students through lectures, monthly journal clubs and activities involving health policy experts in the Texas Medical Center and beyond.
Vision and Goals
The Baylor College of Medicine Health Policy Student Forum exists to:
- Support the Baylor Health Policy Institute by offering insight into health policy issues from a student's perspective.
- Create a culture where medical students recognize the impact of policy decisions on their current training and future practice as physicians.
- Educate students about health policy development and equip them with skills to influence the policy process.
- Locate and develop opportunities for students to gain experience in health policy through programs and organizational partnerships.
- Create opportunities for students to incorporate health policy research, education and advocacy into their careers.