General Video Information
- All web content, including videos, must be approved by Institutional Web Management. The video concept should be approved prior to shooting, signing a contract or incurring any costs.
- Videos for the web must be uploaded to Baylor College of Medicine's official YouTube account before being embedded on a Baylor web page.
- Your video cannot contain copyrighted or trademarked material. If your video contains footage or images you did not create, you must be able to provide express written permission from the owner/copyright holder, per YouTube's terms of service agreement.*
- All videos must include a Baylor branded intro.
- Institutional Web Management will send you a link to a video form, which must be completed, before the video can be reviewed.
*See YouTube Terms of Service.
Videos should meet YouTube technical requirements to ensure compatibility and quality.
- Video Settings: HD video (720p minimum) with steady camera.
- Lighting: Make sure your subject is bright and visible. Avoid having bright lights or windows behind the video subject.
- Framing: Use a non-distracting backdrop.
- Audio: Make sure your video subject can be heard clearly.
- Text: Any text should be large enough to read when the video is viewed in a minimized window or small screen.
- Ratio: YouTube uses 16:9 aspect ratio players.
Creating and Posting Videos
Allow up to one week to complete the entire procedure.
- Contact Institutional Web Management about your video request. To discuss a professionally produced video created by an outside vendor, contact Graphic Communications.
- Institutional Web Management reviews the video concept. If the concept is not approved, you will be notified and given recommended changes. If the concept is approved, you can create and edit the video.
- After the video is complete, use Box* to submit your video to Institutional Web Management.
- Institutional Web Management reviews the video for final approval. If approved, Web Management uploads the video to Baylor's official YouTube channel. If not approved, Web Management contacts the requester.
- After the video receives final Web Management approval, the YouTube link is sent back to the requester.
*Box is an easy to use document management system for file sharing and collaboration.
Any questions about videos or Baylor's use of YouTube should be sent to email@example.com.
Different Types of Videos
Videos not intended for the public, like lectures, can be uploaded as unlisted videos on the College's YouTube channel.
Unlisted YouTube videos are not publicly listed on the College's YouTube channel and are accessible through a link.
Regardless of privacy settings, all videos need to follow the guidelines listed above for creating and posting videos.