Trial Evaluating Diagnostic Accuracy of FBLN3 for Mesothelioma Pleural Effusions (H-49842)
A Prospective, Non Interventional, Trial Evaluating The Diagnostic Accuracy of FBLN3 for Mesothelioma Pleural Effusions
Using the resources of the TSOG sites, prospectively create a virtual reference set of pleural effusion samples from patients referred for treatment of a pleural effusion which can be used for future.
This proposed validation trial of the utility of FBLN3 in discriminating MPM effusions from other effusions will be performed as a prospective case control single armed study.
- Age>=18 years
- Able to give consent
- Documented pleural effusion which has a documented diagnosis of mesothelioma or non mesothelioma controls being worked up for diagnosis at NYULH
- Although untreated subjects are desired, patients can be previously treated with systemic agents prior to or at the time of the effusion
- Inability to give consent
- Failure to establish definitive diagnosis for pleural effusion
- HIV treated or untreated
- Hepatitis C treated of untreated
- Previous talc pleurodesis
Phone 1: 713–798–5530