Pena, LL.M., J.D., M.A.
Pena, LL.M., J.D., M.A.
- Assistant Professor
Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX US
- M.A. from Case Western Reserve Medical School
- 05/2013 - Cleveland, Ohio United States
- M.A. from St. Thomas Graduate School of Theology
- 08/2011 - Houston, Texas United States
- B.A. from University of Dallas
- 05/2008 - Irving, Texas United States
- Critical care ethics
- Biomedical ethics in oncology
- Ethics Consultation
Professional StatementAdam Pena, MA, is an Assistant Professor in the Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy at Baylor College of Medicine and a Clinical Ethicist at Houston Methodist Hospital. He received his BA in philosophy from the University of Dallas, a MA in theological studies from University of St. Thomas, and a MA in Bioethics, with distinction, from Case Western Reserve University. He also participated in the Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) residency program at Houston Methodist Hospital. His areas of focus are critical care ethics and ethics in oncology. He also remains interested in the intersection of biomedical ethics and spirituality.
- Adam Peña "A Critique of the (Aspirational) Code of Ethics.”." Am J Bioeth.2015;15(1):62-63. Pubmed PMID: 25970398
- Adam M Peña "Preventing the Preventable." Am J Bioeth.2015;15(1):72-74. Pubmed PMID: 25562243
- Adam M. Peña "The Side-Effect of the Facebook Effect [forthcoming]." JCE.2015;25(1):65-67. Pubmed PMID: 24779320
- Bruce CR, Eves MM, Allen NG, Smith ML, Peña AM, Cheney JR, Majumder MA. ""Systematizing" ethics consultation services." HEC Forum.2015/March;25(1):35-45. Pubmed PMID: 25274503
- Adam M Peña "Depression, Capacity, and a Request to Discontinue Life-Sustaining Treatment.." Am J Bioeth. 2015 15 (7): 70-71. Pubmed PMID: 26147278
- Adam M. Pena, Courtenay R. Bruce, Mary A. Majumder "Same Goal, Different Path." AJOB. 2014 14 (1): 23-24. Pubmed PMID: 24422923
- Bruce. CR, Bibler. TM, Peña. Am, Kusin. B "A Qualitative Exploration of a Clinical Ethicist's Role and Contributions During Family Meetings.." HEC Forum.. 2016 : Pubmed PMID: 26790861
- Pena, AM "Wanted: Living Donor.." Transplantation. 2016 November ; 100 (11): 2239-2241. Pubmed PMID: 27776016
- Peña A, Bibler T. ""I am not interested in talking with you.".." Hastings Center Report. 2016 July ; 46 (4): 7-9. Pubmed PMID: 27417862
- Peña AM "Misinformed users: improving informed decision-making on social media.." Transpl Int.. 2016 29 (6): 740-741. Pubmed PMID: 27295970
- Bruce CR, Bibler TM, Childress A, Stephens A, Peña AM, Allen N "Response to commentaries on our article. Navigating ethical conflicts between advance directives and surrogate decision makers’ interpretations of patient wishes.." Chest. 149 (6): 1577-8.
- Bruce CR, Bibler TM, Childress A, Stephens A, Peña AM, Allen N "Navigating Ethical Conflicts Between Advance Directives and Surrogate Decision-Makers’ Interpretations of Patient Wishes." Chest. 2016 February ; 149 (2): 562-7.
Log In to edit your profile