Smith, Ph.D., ABPP
Smith, Ph.D., ABPP
- Associate Professor
Psychiatry & Behav Sciences
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX US
- Office (Office)
3411 Yoakum Blvd.
Houston, TX 77006
Phone: (832) 301-8987
- Ph.D. from University Of Utah
- 01/2002 - Salt Lake City, UT United States
- M.A. from California State University
- 01/1996 - Sacramento, CA United States
- B.A. from University of California - Santa Cruz
- 06/1982 - Santa Cruz, California United States
- #36335 (07/31/2013 - 07/31/2020)
- Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists
- Board Certified in Clinical Psychology
- Board Certified in Clinical Psychology by the American Board of Professional Psychology
Honors & Awards
- Board Certified in Clinical Psychology
- Board-certified in clinical psychology by the American Board of Professional Psychology
- ABPP (03/2022)
- Psychotherapy Research
- Measurement based care
- Medical Cost Offset as a result of psychotherapeutic treatment
- Interpersonal Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Therapies for PTSD
Professional StatementDr. Tracey L. Smith, Ph. D. is a clinical psychologist who recently retired from a 13-year career in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). Dr. Smith served in a number of leadership roles and led several national mental health programs and projects across the VA system. Dr. Smith is currently working part time at BCM on several different research grants. Dr. Smith's research has broadly focused on psychotherapy research and training and implementation science.
- Wonderlich SA, Peterson CB, Crosby RD, Smith TL, Klein MH, Mitchell JE, Crow SJ. "A randomized controlled comparison of integrative cognitive-affective therapy (ICAT) and enhanced cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT-E) for bulimia nervosa.." 2013/May23;:1-11. Pubmed PMID: 23701891
- Schut AJ, Castonguay LG, Flanagan KM, Yamasaki AS, Barber JP, Bedics JD, Smith TL "Correction to schut et Al. (2005).." Psychotherapy (Chic).2006;43(3):358. Pubmed PMID: 22122106
- Kolden GG, Klein MH, Strauman TJ, Chisholm-Stockard S, Heerey E, Schneider KL, Smith TL "Early psychotherapy process and cluster B and C personality pathology: similarities and differences in interactions with symptomatic and interpersonal distress.." Psychother Res.2005/July;15(3):165-77. Pubmed PMID: 22011147
- Ahearn EP, Juergens T, Smith T, Krahn D, Kalin N "Fear, anxiety, and the neuroimaging of PTSD.." Psychopharmacol Bull.2007;40(3):88-103. Pubmed PMID: 18007571
- Smith, T. L. & Benjamin, L. S. "The Functional Impairment Associated with Personality Disorders." Current Opinion in Psychiatry. 2002 15 : 135-141.
- Smith, T. L., & Meyers, L. S. "The sense of coherence: Its relationship to personality, stress, and health measures." Journal of Social Behavior and Personality. 1997 12 : 523-526.
- Smith TL, Klein MH, Alonso C, Salazar-Fraile J, Felipe-Castaño E, Moreno CL, Acosta SR, Rios LI, Martí-Sanjuán V "The Spanish version of the Wisconsin Personality Disorders Inventory-IV (WISPI-IV): tests of validity and reliability.." J. Pers. Disord.. 2011 December ; 25 (6): 813-33. Pubmed PMID: 22217227
- Laska KM, Smith TL, Wislocki AP, Minami T, Wampold BE "Uniformity of evidence-based treatments in practice? Therapist effects in the delivery of cognitive processing therapy for PTSD.." J Couns Psychol. 2013 January ; 60 (1): 31-41. Pubmed PMID: 23356465
- Wonderlich SA, Engel SG, Peterson CB, Robinson MD, Crosby RD, Mitchell JE, Smith TL, Klein MH, Lysne CM, Crow SJ, Strauman TJ, Simonich HK "Examining the conceptual model of integrative cognitive-affective therapy for BN: Two assessment studies.." Int J Eat Disord. 2008 December ; 41 (8): 748-54. Pubmed PMID: 18528869
- Smith TL, Klein MH, Benjamin LS "Validation of the Wisconsin Personality Disorders Inventory-IV with the SCID-II.." J. Pers. Disord.. 2003 June ; 17 (3): 173-87. Pubmed PMID: 12839098
- Lavender, J. M., Wonderlich, S. A., Peterson, C. B., Crosby, R. D., Engel, S. G., Mitchell, J. E., Crow, S. J., Smith, T. L., Klein, M. H., Goldschmidt, A. B., & Berg, K. C. "Dimensions of emotion dysregulation in bulimia nervosa." European Eating Disorders Review. 2014 44 (11): 212-216. Pubmed PMID: 26112760
- Schut, A. J., Castonguay, L. G., Barber, J. P., Bedics, J. D., Smith, T. L., Flanagan, K. M., & Yamasaki, A. S. "Therapist interpretation, patient-therapist interpersonal process, and outcome in psychodynamic psychotherapy for avoidant personality disorder.." Psychotherapy: Theory, Research, Practice, Tr. 2005 42 : 494-511.
- Miles, S. R., Smith, T. L., Maieritsch, K. P., Ahearn, E. P. "Fear of losing emotional control is associated with cognitive processing therapy outcomes in Afghanistan and Iraq Veterans." :
- Maieritsch KP, Smith TL, Hessinger JD, Ahearn EP, Eickhoff JC, Zhao Q. "Randomized controlled equivalence trial comparing videoconference and in person delivery of cognitive processing therapy for PTSD." J Telemed Telecare. 2015 July 30; : Pubmed PMID: 26231819
- Russell DC, Smith TL, Krahn DD, Graskamp P, Singh D, Kolden GG, Sigmund H, Zhang Z "Effects of Cognitive Behavioral Stress Management on Negative Mood and Cardiac Autonomic Activity in ICD Recipients.." Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2015 June 20; 38 (8): 951-965. Pubmed PMID: 26010524
- "Therapeutic alliance in two treatments for bulimia nervosa." Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology. 2015 83 : 637-642. Pubmed PMID: 25894667
- Wonderlich, S. A., Peterson, C. B., Smith, T. L., with Klein, M. H., Mitchell, J. E., Crow, S. J. "Integrative Cognitive-Affective Therapy for Bulimia Nervosa.." 2015 : Book.
- Accurso, E. C., Wonderlich, S. A., Crosby, R. D., Smith, T. L., Klein, M. H., Mitchell, J. E., Crow, S. J., Berg, K. C., & Peterson, C. B. "Predictors and moderators of treatment outcome in a randomized clinical trial for adults with symptoms of bulimia nervosa.." Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology. 2016 : Pubmed PMID: 26689304
- 9. Smith, T. L., Landes, S. J., Lester-Williams, K., Day, K. T., Batdorf, W., Brown, G. K., Trockel, M., Smith, B. N., Chard, K. M., Healy, E. T., & Weingardt, K. R. "Developing Alternative Training Delivery Methods to Improve Psychotherapy Implementation in the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.." Training and Education in Professional Psychology. 2017 May 1; 11 (4): 266-275.
- Smith TL, Kim B, Benzer JK, Yusuf Z, Fletcher TL, Walder AM "FLOW: Early results from a clinical demonstration project to improve the transition of patients with mental health disorders back to primary care.." 2019 March 14; : Pubmed PMID: 30869978
Log In to edit your profile