Skip to main content
USDA/ARS Children's Nutrition Research Center
- E-mail Dr. Fiorotto, firstname.lastname@example.org with your request and specify: date(s), time(s), how long you wish to use it for, and if you need training.
- Discuss with Dr. Fiorotto the exercise protocol you wish to use and how it can be accomplished using our equipment and arrange to be trained to operate it.
- Obtain IACUC approval for the exercise protocol you wish to use.
- Because you cannot access the mouse during the test, you should include the electrical stimulation in your description.
- Before doing your test, the mice should be acclimated to running on the treadmill so that they do not injure themselves. They then should be allowed to rest at least 2 d before being tested.
- Once you are ready to perform the test, MMRU staff will set up the Oxymax-treadmill assembly to perform the tests.
- The metabolic treadmill is operated in conjunction with the Oxymax system and is booked using an MMRU Request form.