By Maggie Taylor
- 5-5:30 a.m.: Wake up, start EPIC pre-rounding at home
- 6:45 a.m.: Get ready for work, walk dog
- 7:30 a.m.: Drive to work
- 7:45 a.m.: Get “new ID consult” pager from ID Team A fellow and finish EPIC pre-rounding
- 8 a.m.: Start seeing old patients, divide up new consults during day between the two ID teams (A & B)
- 9:30 a.m.: Meet up with learners (typically one medical student and one intern or resident) and attending, lead rounds throughout the day
- 10-10:30 a.m.: On Tuesday/Thursday, stream virtual microbiology rounds
- 12 p.m.: Attend virtual fellows or faculty case conference, fellows or faculty journal club, CityWide, core lecture, or fellow-run Redbook review
- 1 p.m.: See new consults, finish rounding on old patients
- 5 p.m.: Finish notes, touch base with on-call attending with any late calls
- 6 -7 p.m.: Head home, text learners their patient assignments for next day
- 7 p.m. – 5 a.m.: Home call, touch base with attending with any questions!
- Hand off “new consult” pager around 7:45 a.m. the next day!