- Clinical home for the Texas Medical Center Digestive Disease Center, one of 17 federally funded centers focusing on research in GI diseases.
- A CPRIT-funded Texas Collaborative Center for Hepatocellular Cancer.
- Rated among the top 20 universities in Gastroenterology on Best Global Universities.
- Ranked #22 nationally according to U.S News & World Report - Best Universities for Gastroenterology and Hepatology and #1 in Texas.
- Ranked 31st nationally according to U.S. News World & Report for gastroenterology service at Baylor St Luke’s.
- Recognized for our outstanding fellowship training program that offers clinical and NIH T-32 funded research training tracks, and specialized training in liver transplantation, advanced endoscopy and inflammatory bowel disease.
- Noted for research journal contributions, 216 published papers in scientific journals and received $16 million in research funding.
- Known for our renowned specialized centers including the Barrett's Esophagus Center, Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center and Advanced Endoscopy and Liver Transplant Programs.