- Clinical home for the Texas Medical Center Digestive Disease Center, one of 17 federally funded centers focusing on research in GI diseases.
- A CPRIT-funded Texas Collaborative Center for Hepatocellular Cancer.
- Rated among the top 20 universities in Gastroenterology on Best Global Universities.
- Ranked #22 nationally according to U.S News & World Report - Best Universities for Gastroenterology and Hepatology and #1 in Texas.
- Ranked 24th nationally according to U.S. News World & Report for gastroenterology service at Baylor St Luke’s.
- Recognized for our outstanding fellowship training program that offers clinical and NIH T-32 funded research training tracks, and specialized training in liver transplantation, advanced endoscopy and inflammatory bowel disease.
- Noted for research journal contributions, 216 published papers in scientific journals and received $16 million in research funding.
- Known for our renowned specialized centers including the Barrett's Esophagus Center, Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center and Advanced Endoscopy and Liver Transplant Programs.
View a message from the Section of Gastroenterology and Hepatology Chief, Dr. Fasiha Kanwal.
We offer numerous opportunities for physician education at all stages, including courses in medical school, fellowships, as well as the highly successful Gastroenterology and Hepatology Board Review Course.
The section conducts studies into a wide range of digestive and liver diseases, including Barrett's esophagus, colorectal and hepatocellular cancer, and Crohn's disease.
Our gastroenterology and hepatology clinics are home to a group of caring specialists in the field of digestive tract and liver diseases which offers evaluation and endoscopy.
New! Cirrhosis Mortality Model
The Cirrhosis Mortality Model (CiMM) can accurately identify patients with cirrhosis who are at high risk of mortality. This prognostication can guide linkage to care, vigilant surveillance, and proactive care coordination to improve patient outcomes.
Join Our Section
Interested in a job opportunity with Baylor College of Medicine? See our BCM Careers site and search for positions. (Keyword search: Gastroenterology or Hepatology).