- The section offers clinical services at five pavilions across the Medical Center: Baylor Medicine, Ben Taub Hospital, Baylor St. Luke’s, and Texas Children’s Hospital Pavilion for Women.
- The total direct and indirect research support of $13.7 million in funding from federal and private research grants.
- The section is recognized for an outstanding clinical and research fellowship program that provides funded clinical, translational, and basic science research resources for training in lung diseases.
- Nationally ranked as a high performing level in Pulmonology and Lung Surgery by U.S. News Report.
- The section is known for being the country’s first to provide long-term care for Covid patients with our Post Covid and Clinic at Home programs.
- The lung transplant program has increased the number of transplants by 50%, a total of 189 patients underwent transplant from 2019-2022. The program has outstanding post-transplant outcomes, has adopted innovative donor techniques to reduce the median time to transplant, and cares for high-risk recipients that often are declined by other centers.
- The Interventional Pulmonary service provides several advanced diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, the team uses innovative tools like robotic navigation and procedures like bronchoscopic lung volume reduction. In collaboration with Oncology, the team is supporting a Lung Cancer Screening program at BSLMC.
View a message from the Section of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, Ivan O. Rosas, M.D.
The Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care within the Department of Medicine offers three fellowship programs.
Our faculty perform a wide spectrum of research activities including, investigations into the molecular mechanisms of lung diseases and translational research studies, as well as clinical trials.
Our physicians offer an array of highly specialized care to patients throughout the Texas Medical Center.