About Our Research
The Pediatric Diabetes and Endocrinology Research Program at Baylor College of Medicine is committed to be at the forefront of research to advance the science and improve the lives of children living with diabetes and various endocrinological diseases.
Areas of Interest
- Understanding how type 1 and type 2 diabetes develop in children
- Prevention and treatment of type 1 diabetes in children
- Prevention and treatment of type 2 diabetes in children
- Improving outcomes of diabetes care in children by medical treatments, diabetes technologies and behavioral interventions
- Understanding other forms of diabetes in children and developing individualized treatment strategies for them
- Understanding obesity in children and developing new therapeutics for them
- Disorders of sex development:
- Diagnosis, treatment, genetics and psychological factors in disorders of sexual development
- Developing practice guidelines in the area of sexual differentiation disorders
- New treatment approaches for various endocrine conditions such as Prader-Willi Syndrome and endocrinopathies in cancer survivors
- Thyroid cancer in children
The Division of Pediatric Diabetes and Endocrinology is currently recruiting participants for open studies.
View a listing of the Pediatric Diabetes and Endocrinology Research team members.