It is never too late to build up your financial literacy, which is why BCM LIFE encourages you to start your journey right now. Get started by checking out our virtual sessions, and partaking in challenges in the Vitality portal. Students also have access to financial counseling and other financial wellness resources through Academic Live Care (ALC).
ALC Self-Help Resources
BCM Telehealth Resources via ALC offer a wide range of self-help resources on financial wellness including games to assist in making financial decisions.
Scroll down to Additional Student Assistance Program Resources (https://myahpcare.personaladvantage.com/) and enter AHP1 as the code to access.
Topics and tools include:
- Identity Theft
- Financial Games from NGPF
- Auto Center
- Banking & Credit Budgeting
- Debt & Bankruptcy
- Estate & Retirement Planning
- Going Green
- Home Center
- Insurance Center
Need to meet with someone?
Baylor offers financial aid counseling to all Baylor students. To schedule an appointment, email the office at email@example.com to learn about loans you take out as a professional student.
BCM Telehealth Resources via Academic Live Care (ALC)
Students have access to BCM Telehealth Resources by Academic Live Care (ALC) where they can get expert advice on managing your finances.
- Financial Wellness Assessment
- Financial Wellness Checklist
- Your Financial Toolbox
- College Cost Calculator*
- Personalize Goals
- Managing Debt
- Saving and Investing
- Family Finances
- Preparing and Protecting
- Plan for the Future
- Life Events
WellConnect Financial Financial Wellness 101
WellConnect also provides helpful tips and resources to support your financial wellness and to assist you with developing the skills and experience needed to live a fiscally responsible lifestyle.
Personal Finance FAQs
- What is a budget?
- How do you make a budget and stick to it?
- What is personal finance?
- How do I prepare for meeting with someone to talk about my credit problems?
- How do I go about trying to restructure or consolidate my debts?
- Is borrowing money from friends or relatives a good idea?
- What makes me legally obligated to pay back a loan?
- Can I negotiate a repayment plan for my defaulted student loan?
- Is money from student loans considered taxable income?
- What should I do if I'm over my head in debt?