TEAM LAUNCH Virtual is now available! Access it through the SuccessFactors Learning Management System!
TEAM LAUNCH Virtual is designed to teach interprofessional and interdisciplinary learners—students, trainees, faculty and staff—how to participate as successful members of highly effective teams.
TEAM LAUNCH Virtual encompasses the foundations of the inaugural TEAM LAUNCH Program; however, is now available as a sustainable and accessible educational online tool which can be applied across the different populations Team Launch has served.
Access Virtual Course
- Go to SuccessFactors
- Login with ECA and password.
- Go to My Learning
- In the ‘Find Learning’ search box, type Team Launch or WBT CP_CORP_1148.
- Select ‘Start Course’ to begin.
- Maintains the focus and spirit of the TEAM LAUNCH program through an innovative virtual format
- Leverages existent curriculum and content from the program to deliver training through an asynchronous learning paradigm
- Features integrated assessments and application of program tools, rubrics and instruments to amplify knowledge acquisition and transfer
Throughout TEAM LAUNCH Virtual, you will learn about the 8 C's of Teamwork – Capability, Coordination, Cognition, Communication, Conflict, Coaching, Cooperation and Conditions - the characteristics of high-performing teams.
This will be achieved through a series of interactive case-based modules that include the following key components:
- Module Introduction: Apply vignette to introduce core content
- Core Concepts with decision questions: Real-time situational analysis
- Module Summary and Assessment: Reinforce key principles and assess for understanding
Information about the Inaugural TEAM LAUNCH Program is also available below.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Inaugural TEAM LAUNCH Program
Team Launch Overview
What can Team Launch Provide?
- Fully customizable formats to fit the unique needs of your team
- Support both for effective teams and teams in distress
- Integrated and interactive learning activities to keep participants engaged
- Offer focused, single session training or a longitudinal experience over time
- Assessment of team and team member effectiveness by instruments/rubrics
- Focus on practical skill application in complex team environments
Why Team Launch?
- Are there team members/teams whose team performance could be improved?
- Have you seen examples/models of effective teamwork which you wish to emulate?
- Do you have members of this team who have asked for teamwork training?
- Have you had incidents for which better teamwork could have changed the outcome?
- Is your already team high-performing, but does it wish to accelerate success?
- Is teamwork part of a broader organizational goal or desire to improve culture?
Team Launch Components
Launch Pad provides Baylor College of Medicine trainees with a foundation in teamwork skills through a series of learning experiences, student reflective exercises, short didactic instruction, and discussions focused on teamwork skills.
Team Projects provides participants who have completed Launch Pad with an opportunity to apply their teamwork skills towards meaningfully addressing a real-world challenge.
Team Discovery provides both recurring and at-request seminars and workshops that focus on specific teamwork skill topics.
Launch Pad is Required for All Students as of Fall 2019
In the fall of 2019, Launch Pad became a required course within all degree-granting programs of Baylor College of Medicine. While students who have begun their program prior to this requirement being enacted will not be required to take the course, they may still apply to take it.
Dr. Paul Klotman, president, CEO and executive dean of Baylor College of Medicine, discusses the essential role teamwork played early in his career.
Dr. Nana Coleman describes the importance of teamwork in healthcare. Studies have shown that effective teamwork in clinical settings leads to better outcomes for patients with less cost. Team Launch creates an academic and institutional culture that not only appreciates and values the need for team-based care but also provides opportunities to effectively integrate this knowledge and skill into healthcare research or delivery.
Teamwork in Research
Dr. Christine Beeton discusses the role of team-based science in accelerating discovery. Team Launch ensures that Baylor trainees, faculty and staff are prepared to work with professional fields to apply their research from the laboratory to real-world needs. The program ensures that our graduates are equipped with the tools needed to access careers of their choosing in important, often emerging, fields.
Course Policy on Students with Disabilities
Baylor of Medicine is committed to providing equitable access to students with documented disabilities (e.g. mental health, attentional, learning, chronic health, sensory, or physical). To ensure access to Team Launch courses, please contact Student Disability Services to engage in a confidential conversation about the process for requesting reasonable accommodations for Launch Pad and Team Projects experiences.
Accommodations are not provided retroactively. Therefore, students are encouraged to register with Student Disability Services as soon as they begin the program.