Anca Vasiliu, M.D., Ph.D.
Anca Vasiliu, M.D., Ph.D.
- Postdoctoral Associate
Pediatrics - Global Immigrant Health
Baylor College of Medicine
- MD from University of Lower Danube
- 07/2012 - Galati, Romania
- MPH from Pasteur-Cnam School of Public Health
- 11/2016 - Paris, France
- Residency at University of Rouen
- 10/2017 - Rouen, France
- PhD from University of Montpellier
- 12/2021 - Montpellier, France
- Pediatric Tuberculosis
- Tuberculosis screening and prevention
- Global Health
- Public Health Education and Capacity Building
Professional StatementAnca is a medical doctor specializing in Public Health. She has a keen interest in tuberculosis research in high-endemic countries focalizing on pediatric tuberculosis. After graduating from medical school in Romania, she pursued a residency in Public Health in Rouen, France. Anca also got a Master's degree in Public Health from the Pasteur Institute in Paris and spent the Master's internship at the Pasteur Institute in Cambodia to study IGRAs in children living with HIV with presumptive TB. After specializing in Public Health, Anca went to Uganda and did a PhD on a randomized controlled trial evaluating a community intervention for household contact tracing and preventive therapy management for TB child contacts. Anca is now working as a Postdoctoral Associate, is based in Uganda, and is pursuing her passion for TB research.
- Vasiliu A, Tiendrebeogo G, Awolu MM, Akatukwasa C, Tchakounte BY, Ssekyanzi B, Tchounga BK, Atwine D, Casenghi M, Bonnet M. "Feasibility of a randomized clinical trial evaluating a community intervention for household tuberculosis child contact management in Cameroon and Uganda." Pilot Feasibility Stud. 2022 Feb 11; Pubmed PMID: 35148800
- Vasiliu A, Salazar-Austin N, Trajman A, Lestari T, Mtetwa G, Bonnet M, Casenghi M "Child Contact Case Management-A Major Policy-Practice Gap in High-Burden Countries." Pathogens. 2021 Dec 21; Pubmed PMID: 35055949
- Vasiliu A, Abelman RA, Casenghi M, Cohn J, Bonnet M "Symptom-based Screening Versus Chest Radiography for TB Child Contacts: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis." Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2021 Dec 1; Pubmed PMID: 34269322
- Vasiliu A, Eymard-Duvernay S, Tchounga B, Atwine D, de Carvalho E, Ouedraogo S, Kakinda M, Tchendjou P, Turyahabwe S, Kuate AK, Tiendrebeogo G, Dodd PJ, Graham SM, Cohn J, Casenghi M, Bonnet M "Community intervention for child tuberculosis active contact investigation and management: study protocol for a parallel cluster randomized controlled trial." Trials. 2021 Mar 2; Pubmed PMID: 33653385
Log In to edit your profile