Erik Stricker, Ph.D.
Erik Stricker, Ph.D.
- Postdoctoral Associate
Molecular & Human Genetics - Atkinson
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX US
- 6620 Main Tower (Office)
Houston, TX 77030
Phone: (281) 962-5745
- PhD from Baylor College of Medicine
- 07/2023 - Houston, Texas United States
- MSc from Ruprecht-Karls-University Heidelberg
- 02/2017 - Heidelberg, Germany
- Infectious Diseases
- BSc from Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-University Bonn
- 09/2014 - Bonn, Germany
- Molecular Biomedicine
Professional StatementI am a retrovirologist and cancer researcher currently at Baylor College of Medicine. Besides my interest in human endogenous retroviruses (HERVs) - which comprise 8% of the human genome - and their relationship to cancer, I am a passionate teacher of science and science-unrelated topics. I am fortunate to have received the chance to acquire training at leading universities in Germany and frequently share my expertise when teaching graduate and undergraduate students. I am the recipient of multiple teaching awards and enjoy pushing the boundaries of current knowledge through my research and student projects.
- ComSciCon-Texas Workshop
- Conference (Organizer, 2021)
- ComSciCon is a series of workshops focused on the communication of complex and technical concepts organized by graduate students, for graduate students.
- Stricker E., Peckham-Gregory E.C., Scheurer M.E. "CancerHERVdb: Human Endogenous Retrovirus (HERV) Expression Database for Human Cancer Accelerates Studies of the Retrovirome and Predictions for HERV-Based Therapies." J Virol. 2023 Jun 29;6:e0005923. Pubmed PMID: 37255431
- Stricker E., Peckham-Gregory E.C., Scheurer M.E. "HERVs and Cancer—A Comprehensive Review of the Relationship of Human Endogenous Retroviruses and Human Cancers." Biomedicines. 2023 Mar 17;3(11):936. Pubmed PMID: 37255431
- Stricker E, Reed D.R., Schabath M.B., Sok P., Scheurer M.E. "Trends in Overall Survival Among Patients Treated for Sarcoma at a Large Tertiary Cancer Center Between 1986 and 2014." Cancers. 2023 Jan 14;15(2) Pubmed PMID: 36672463
- Cao W., Stricker E., Hotz-Wagenblatt A., Heit-Mondrzyk A., Pougialis G., Hugo A., Kuźmak J., Materniak-Kornas M., Löchelt M. "Functional Analyses of Bovine Foamy Virus-Encoded miRNAs Reveal the Importance of a Defined miRNA for Virus Replication and Host-Virus Interaction." Viruses. 2021 Nov 2;12(11) Pubmed PMID: 33147813
- Fogg J.M., Judge A.K., Stricker E., Chan H.L., Zechiedrich L. "Supercoiling and looping promote DNA base accessibility and coordination among distant sites.." Nat Commun.. 2021 Sep 28;12(1) Pubmed PMID: 34584096
- Fogg J.M., Wang Q., Judge A., Stricker E., Pettitt B.M., Zechiedrich L. "DNA Shape Shifting as a Gene Therapy Tool.." Biophysical Journal. 2019 Mar 4;
- PDE R Package
- Copyright (Approved)
- The PDE (Pdf Data Extractor) allows the extraction of information and tables optionally based on search words from PDF (Portable Document Format) files and enables the visualization of the results, both by providing a convenient user-interface.
Log In to edit your profile