Syed Zafar Iqbal, M.D.
Syed Zafar Iqbal, M.D.
- Associate Professor
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX US
- Iqbal, S., French-Rosas, L., Banu, S., Han, J. and Shah, A "Borderline Personality Disorder: Impact, Overlap, and Comorbidities.." Psychiatric Annals,. 2020 Jan;50(1):14-18.
- Shah, A. and Iqbal, S. "Telepsychiatry: Integrating Psychiatric Care with Technology.." American Physician Institute CME to Go. 2019;8(11)
- Iqbal, S., Czelusta, K., Hashmi,, A., Morgan, W. and Shah, A "Telepsychiatry: Benefits, Limitations, and Ethical Issues.." Directions in Psychiatry. 2019;39(2):73-86.
- Sakurai, H., Dording, C., Yeung, A., Foster, S., Jain, F., Chang, T., Trinh, N., Bernard, R., Boyden, S., Iqbal, S., Wilkinson, S., Mathew, S., Mischoulon, D., Fava, M. and Cusin, C. "Longer-term open-label study of adjunctive riluzole in treatment-resistant depression. Journal of Affective Disorders,." Journal of Affective Disorders.;258:102-108.
- Haile CN, Murrough JW, Iosifescu DV, Chang LC, Al Jurdi RK, Foulkes A, Iqbal S, Mahoney JJ , De La Garza R , Charney DS, Newton TF, Mathew SJ "Plasma brain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and response to ketamine in treatment-resistant depression.." Int J Neuropsychopharmacol.. 2014 Feb;17(2):331-336.
- Price RB, Iosifescu DV, Murrough JW, Chang LC, Al Jurdi RK, Iqbal SZ, Soleimani L, Charney DS, Foulkes AL, Mathew SJ "Effects of ketamine on explicit and implicit suicidal cognition: a randomized controlled trial in treatment-resistant depression." Depression & Anxiety.. 2014 Apr;31(4):335-343.
- Murrough JW, Iosifescu DV, Chang LC, Al Jurdi RK, Green CE, Perez AM, Iqbal S, Pillemer S, Foulkes A, Shah A, Charney DS, Mathew SJ "Antidepressant efficacy of ketamine in treatment-resistant major depression: a two-site randomized controlled trial." American Journal of Psychiatry. 2013 Oct;170(10):1134-42.
- Iqbal, S., Li, B., Khawaja, L. and Shah, A., "Vaping and its Effect on Physical Health." Directions in Psychiatry. 2020 Apr;40(10):1-11.
- Shah, A. and Iqbal, S "How I Treat Adult Schizophrenia With Paliperidone - Psychiatry Advisor.." Psychiatry Advisor.. 2020;
- Iqbal S, Mathew S "Ketamine for depression clinical issues." Advances in Pharmacology. 2020 Apr 1;89:131-162.
- Iqbal, S., Hashimi A and Shah, A., "Telepsychiatry at the time of COVID-19." Directions in Psychiatry. 2020;40:81-89.
- Mohammad F. Naqvi, MD; Syed Z. Iqbal, MD; Hai Le, MD; Komal Nathani, MD; Asim A. Shah, MD "Neuropsychiatric Complications of COVID-19." Directions in Psychiatry. 2020 Dec;40(4):263-276.
- Syed Z. Iqbal, MD; Benjamin Li, MD; Edore Onigu-Otito, MD; Mohammad Faraz Naqvi, MD; and Asim A. Shah, MD "The Long-Term Mental Health Effects of COVID-19." Psychiatric Annuls. 2020 Dec;50:522-525.
- Li, B., Iqbal, S., Avellaneda Ojeda, A., Stevens, J., Saunders, J., Naqvi, M. and Shah, A. "Vulnerable Populations During the COVID-19." Psychiatric Annals. 2020;50(12):531-535.
- Lubna Khawaja, MD., Syed Iqbal, MD., Asim Shah, MD. and Nidal Moukaddam, PhD.MD, "Breaking the Spell: Fighting Myths About COVID-19 Vaccination.." Psychiatric Times. Mar 17;32-34.
- Iqbal S , Onigu-Otite, E. Shah, A "Neuromodulation Treatment in Psychiatry." MBBES-MAIN - Psychiatry and Behavioral Health Sciences. 1st ed..;1(chapter 32):443-454.
- 1. Benjamin T. Li, MD; Andres Avellaneda Ojeda, MD; Hai Le, MD; Syed Z. Iqbal, MD; Mashall Zaheer, MBBS. Mohammad Faraz Naqvi MD; Asim A. Shah, MD "Caffeine Use Disorder: Do not Sleep on It." Directions in Psychiatry. 2021 May;41(1):47-63.
- Iqbal, S., Salami, T., Reissinger, M., Masood, M., Ukrani, K. and Shah, A., "Mental Health Clinician's Role in Advocacy for Survivors of Human Trafficking: Treatment and Management.." 2021 Aug;51(8):373-77.
- Iqbal, S. Z., Ojeda, A. A., Khan, Y. P., Middleton, B., Lateef, S., Lateef, A., & Shah, A. A. "Burnout in Physicians During COVID-19 Pandemic." Directions in Psychiatry. 2022 Oct;42:85-93.
- Shah A , Iqbal SZ "Recent Advances in Psychopharmacology: From Bench to Bedside Novel Trends in Schizophrenia." Journal of Personalized Medicine. 2023 Feb 25; Pubmed PMID: 36983593
- Iqbal SZ, Han J , Matorin A, Husnain A, Ullah U, Naeem R , Shah AMD "Schizophrenia and Chronic Psychotic Disorders: Update on Treatment Options and New Trends." 2023 Apr 14;
Log In to edit your profile