Tanya Noelle Eble, M.S., C.G.C.
Tanya Noelle Eble, M.S., C.G.C.
- Assistant Professor
Mol. & Human Gen./Clinic. Prgm
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX US
- Lee and Joe Jamail Specialty Care Center (Clinic)
1977 Butler Blvd.
Houston, TX 77030
Phone: (713) 798-8321
- MS from University Of Pittsburgh
- 01/2004 - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania United States
- BS from Pennsylvania State University
- 06/2002 - State College, Pennsylvania United States
- Certified Genetic Counselor
- American Board of Genetic Counseling
- Adult Genetic Counseling
- Cancer Genetic Counseling
- Ehlers Danlos Syndrome
- Medical Ethics
Professional StatementAs the manager of the adult genetics service at BCM and a certified genetic counselor I am dedicated to providing the highest level of patient care. I find great fulfillment in helping patients to better understand information about their genetic risks, testing options, diagnosis, and plans for management. I have experience with prenatal genetics, cancer genetics, and general adult genetics. I also have a keen interest in medical ethics and am an affiliated member of the BCM Center of Medical Ethics and Health Policy.
- Wang X, Sutton VR, Eble TN, Lewis RA, Gunaratne P, Patel A, Van den Veyver IB "A genome-wide screen for copy number alterations in Aicardi syndrome.." Am. J. Med. Genet. A. 2009 Oct;149(10):2113-21. Pubmed PMID: 19760649
- Burrage LC, Eble TN, Hixson PM, Roney EK, Cheung SW, Franco LM "A mosaic 2q24.2 deletion narrows the critical region to a 0.4?Mb interval that includes TBR1, TANK, and PSMD14.." Am. J. Med. Genet. A. 2013 Apr;161(4):841-4. Pubmed PMID: 23444363
- Sutton VR, Hopkins BJ, Eble TN, Gambhir N, Lewis RA, Van den Veyver IB "Facial and physical features of Aicardi syndrome: infants to teenagers.." Am. J. Med. Genet. A. 2005 Oct 15;138(3):254-8. Pubmed PMID: 16158440
- Wang X, Reid Sutton V, Omar Peraza-Llanes J, Yu Z, Rosetta R, Kou YC, Eble TN, Patel A, Thaller C, Fang P, Van den Veyver IB "Mutations in X-linked PORCN, a putative regulator of Wnt signaling, cause focal dermal hypoplasia.." Nat. Genet.. 2007 Jul;39(7):836-8. Pubmed PMID: 17546030
- Fruhman G, Eble TN, Gambhir N, Sutton VR, Van den Veyver IB, Lewis RA "Ophthalmologic findings in Aicardi syndrome.." J AAPOS. 2012 Jun;16(3):238-41. Pubmed PMID: 22681940
- Eble TN, Sutton VR, Sangi-Haghpeykar H, Wang X, Jin W, Lewis RA, Fang P, Van den Veyver IB "Non-random X chromosome inactivation in Aicardi syndrome.." Hum. Genet.. 2009 Mar;125(2):211-6. Pubmed PMID: 19116729
- Glasmacher MA, Sutton VR, Hopkins B, Eble T, Lewis RA, Park Parsons D, Van den Veyver IB "Phenotype and management of Aicardi syndrome: new findings from a survey of 69 children.." J. Child Neurol.. 2007 Feb;22(2):176-84. Pubmed PMID: 17621479
- Bekheirnia MR, Zhang W, Eble T, Willis A, Shaibani A, Wong LJ, Scaglia F, Dhar SU "POLG mutation in a patient with cataracts, early-onset distal muscle weakness and atrophy, ovarian dysgenesis and 3-methylglutaconic aciduria.." Gene. 2012 May 10;499(1):209-12. Pubmed PMID: 22405928
- Eble TN, Nagamani SC, Franco LM, Plon SE, Blazo M, Dhar SU "The practice of adult genetics: A 7-year experience from a single center.." Am. J. Med. Genet. A. 2013 Jan;161(1):89-93. Pubmed PMID: 23239603
- National Society of Genetic Counselors
- Texas Society of Genetic Counselors
Log In to edit your profile