The program engages participants in developing their competency and ability in the following six areas:
- Working with emotional intelligence
- Maintaining mentorship and sponsorship
- Building your network and collaborations (e.g., Team Science)
- Defining your pathway to promotion
- Approaches to conflict resolution and negotiation
- Fostering well-being
Each topic is addressed through pre-session readings, assessments and exercises followed by in-session networking opportunities, mentorship from senior leaders, and additional activities. Participants may also request to be paired with a faculty coach during the program to provide further support.
Faculty will have the option to apply to participate in one of the following groups:
- Instructor Group is designed for faculty with at least one to two years of experience at the instructor rank who aspire to leadership positions in academic medicine, health professions, or biomedical sciences and/or appointment as an assistant professor.
- Assistant Professor Group is designed for faculty with at least one to two years of experience in these appointments who aspire to leadership positions in academic medicine, health professions, or biomedical sciences.
- Associate Professor Group is designed for faculty at the associate professor rank, who holds a current leadership position within their discipline, department, academic center, school or the College.
- Assistant/Associate Professor Minority Faculty Group is designed for faculty with at least one to two years of experience at these ranks and who are from underrepresented minority and underrepresented in medicine and science (URM and UiM) groups.
- Assistant/Associate Professor Women Faculty Group is designed for women faculty at these ranks with assistant professors having at least one to two years of experience in rank.
Dates and Time Commitment
Live session dates will take place on Wednesdays from 4:30 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- November 15, 2023
- December 13, 2023
- January 17, 2024
- February 21, 2024
- March 20, 2024
- April 17, 2023
It is anticipated that the program will require approximately 6 hours of in-session virtual attendance and around 6 hours of pre-session learning and preparation. A limited number of spaces are available for this program, and we ask a commitment to attend 5 out of the 6 virtual sessions.
Deadline to apply for the series is Monday, September 22, 2023 by 5 p.m.
Interested faculty should complete an online application form (click here) which include submitting the following:
- Curriculum Vitae: Please provide a copy of your current CV (in PDF format).
- Letter of Support: The letter of support (in PDF format) from your department chair/center director should indicate that you will have release time to participate in the program.
- Personal Statement: A statement of no more than 400 words describing you interests in and motivations for participating the program.
Application information will be reviewed by a Baylor selection committee. Applicants will be notified by Friday, September 29, 2023. Please direct inquiries/questions to Erik Malmberg, Ph.D. at email@example.com or (713) 798-1546.