Pediatric Cardiovascular Anesthesia Fellows Conference: Thursday mornings, a series of talks, PBLDs, and quarterly quality improvement discussions focusing on basic topics in congenital heart disease/anesthesia. Delivered by our own cardiac anesthesia faculty and guest lecturers
Highlights from 2020-2021 Guest Speakers:
- Dr. Alfirevic – Cleveland Clinic: Regional Anesthesia in Cardiac Surgery
- Dr. Faraoni – The Hospital for Sick Children (Toronto): Bleeding and Hemostasis in Pediatric Cardiac Surgery
- Dr. Adachi – Texas Children’s Hospital: Advances in Ventricular Assist Devices
- Dr. Sexson – Texas Children’s Hospital: COVID-19 and MIS-C
- Dr. Anton – Texas Heart Institute: Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement
Fraser Rounds: Thursday mornings, informal discussions led by our cardiac surgeons, cardiologists, and anesthesiologists for the purpose of educating all of the fellows in the Heart Center about the Texas Children’s approach to basic cardiac lesions and their surgical repair.
Heart Center International Webinar Series: monthly lecture series led by Dr. Pablo Motta (one of our cardiac anesthesiologists) and Dr. Patricia Bastero (a pediatric intensivist): provides an overview of common and trending topics in congenital heart disease from the perspective of the cardiologist, cardiac intensivist, cardiac anesthesiologist, and cardiac surgeon.
Heart Center Performance Rounds: Tuesday mornings, a comprehensive evaluation of patient management from admission through discharge for those having undergone either cardiac surgery or catheter intervention. Serves as an opportunity to discuss any complications or systems issues that may need addressing.
Heart Center Quality Improvement Conference: Wednesday mornings, a forum to introduce and discuss different quality improvement initiatives
ACHD Case Conference: Tuesday evenings, a weekly review of adult congenital patients in need of surgery or catheter-based intervention
Surgical Case Conference: Monday mornings, the current week’s surgical cases are reviewed for consensus on surgical planning; Monday/Wednesday afternoons, future cases are presented for surgical evaluation
Other weekly conferences to attend as dictated by interest
- Pediatric Anesthesia Fellows and Faculty Conference, Tuesday mornings
- Cardiology ECHO Rounds: review cases to convey basic echo teaching points
- VAD and ECMO Rounds: review the care of patients on VADs/ECMO
- Single Ventricle Rounds
- RV Failure Rounds
- Pulmonary Vein Stenosis Rounds