Thank you for your interest in our program. The Baylor Family Medicine Residency Program does not discriminate with regard to sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, disability or veteran status. We welcome and review all applications to our residency program.
Our program is heavily subscribed and, due to high volume, we reserve the right to limit our review of applications that meet the following criteria:
- Medical School MUST BE be recognized by Texas Medical Board.
- Graduation MUST BE within five years of application
- Three LORs, one MUST BE from a primary care provider
- USMLE/COMLEX exams MUST BE passed within two attempts
- USMLE/COMLEX scores above 25th percentile, preferred
- Understanding of Family Medicine and interest in underserved care
Applications are not reviewed outside of ERAS application cycle.
See information for enrolled students interested in being a visiting medical student.
For international applicants: Only J1 sponsorship is offered. Post-graduate observerships and clinical externships are not available.
Additional Application Information
We do not offer visas other than J1 sponsorship.
In accordance with Baylor GME regulations, we do not sponsor observerships or clinical externships to applicants not already enrolled in a undergraduate or graduate program elsewhere. Please contact Baylor GME for further information regarding these requirements.