Our program facilitates head and neck oncologic care at some of the largest academic institutions in the Texas Medical Center, including Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center, the Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center, Ben Taub Hospital and Texas Children’s Hospital. Over 700 new head and neck cancer patients are evaluated by our faculty annually. The full breadth of head and neck oncology is represented, including major open ablative and reconstructive procedures, minimally invasive techniques, and local and national clinical trials.
The Head and Neck Surgical Oncology and Reconstruction Fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine is designed to train future academic head and neck surgeons by establishing confidence and efficiency in performing complex head and neck surgical and reconstructive procedures, developing leadership skills in a multidisciplinary clinical team that facilitates cross-specialty discussion and relationship management, and supporting academic and research endeavors, including national meeting participation, committee work, grant writing, and peer-reviewed journal publication.
With broad and intense training in this fellowship, the foundation will be set for a strong clinical acumen for future clinical practice. Our faculty are involved in numerous head and neck oncology leadership roles nationally in the American Head and Neck Society, NRG Oncology, Veterans Affairs, and American Academy of Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery; we value the opportunity to support fellow graduates in their academic pursuits. See our past and current fellows.
- Number of fellows per year: One per year
- University Affiliation: Baylor College of Medicine
- Hospital Affiliation: Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center, Michael E. DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Ben Taub Hospital
- Accreditation: Advanced Training Council of the American Head and Neck Society
- Licensing Requirement: Texas Medical Board full licensure
- Call Requirements: 6 weeks per year
- Program Faculty
- Follow the Head and Neck Surgical Oncology and Reconstruction Instagram