External funding is not required for any part of the fellowship. All of our fellowship positions are funded through the Baylor College of Medicine Department of Pediatrics.
For detailed information please visit: Baylor College of Medicine benefits and Stipends.
Additional Program Benefits
- Meeting expenses coverage: At least one meeting per year is covered for each of the fellows, but an abstract submission is strongly encouraged. One additional meeting may be attended if a travel grant is awarded and a second abstract on a different project is to be presented. Fellows are encouraged and receive instruction on how to apply for travel grants.
- Welcome care package: Each incoming fellows receives a welcome care package with three textbooks and other helpful clinical practice tools
- Funds to cover the purchase of one book per year
- One free membership in a scientific organization
- Access to the American Academy of Pediatrics Care Link through the BCM Department of Pediatrics
Life in Houston
Houston, the nation's fourth-largest and most diverse city, offers all the benefits of a big city at a significantly lower cost of living than other major cities. Houston's cost of living is 23 percent below the average cost of living in the 20 most populous U.S. cities.
Maintaining your physical and emotional wellness is a prerequisite to professional success. Our fellows have access to a number of programs to support their well-being.