This is the perfect place for you to share your online teaching/distance education stories, best practices and highlights. We'd love to hear about how you got your students engaged in learning; if you tried a new strategy and changed direction; or if you had an aha moment that altered the way you taught a particular subject.
We accept pitches on all academic subjects but are particularly interested in pitches on core distance teaching and learning strategies: course design, student engagement, technology integration, community of practice, diversity and equity, and alternative assessments to name a few.
- The story post should be no more than 800 words.
- It is the title that grabs the attention of the reader. Limit your title to no more than 10 words.
- Please use section headers in bold font to break up the text for the reader.
- Include captions / alt-text for multimedia content such as images to improve accessibility of the post.
- Please use APA or MLA format when citing references.
Editing Process and Publishing
- Submitted stories will be reviewed by the DE Workgroup leadership/editing team. Please expect a turn-around time of 7-10 days.
- Editorial feedback will be provided on readability and accessibility of the post and multimedia contents.
- Content is usually posted after a brief back-and-forth between the reviewer and the author.
- Once the story is finalized, it will be sent to communications for the final approval before publication.