Job Search and Transition Planning
Baylor College of Medicine’s Career Development Center is pleased to offer an array of workshops to provide practical advice for preparing for a diverse career in the life science research enterprise. Workshops topics include resume writing, networking and interview prep.
Effective Resume Writing
What is the difference between a resume and a CV? What information should you include and how many pages should it be? How do you effective market your experience? This hands-on session will address all these questions and teach effective resume writing strategies. Participants will also engage in peer critiques of their documents.
Increasing Your Professional Network
In this session participants will have the opportunity to evaluate their existing professional networks to identify potential deficiencies and develop an action plan for increasing their professional connections.
Utilizing LinkedIn to Generate New Professional Contacts
Do you have a LinkedIn account, but feel that your profile is in need of a make-over? Are you unsure how to effectively use LinkedIn to enhance your professional development? This session will cover how to develop a profile that strengthens your personal brand and elevates your visibility to prospective employers and networking contacts. Social networking etiquette will also be addressed.
How to Obtain and Conduct Informational Interviews
Informational interviewing is one of the most effective networking tools to enhance your career exploration and uncover potential job opportunities. This session will teach appropriate networking etiquette including how to successfully secure and execute an informational interview as well as how to develop a strategic plan to maximize your networking success.
For additional guidance and career planning, complete the following form to schedule a one-on-one career counseling appointment through Baylor College of Medicine's Career Development Center.
Physician Assistant CV Examples
- Sample CV #1 - Detailed rotation information with prior work experience
- Sample CV #2 - Basic rotation information with attendings listed
- Sample CV #3 - Detailed rotation information without attendings listed
- Sample CV #4 - Detailed rotation information without attendings listed
- Sample CV #5 - Detailed rotation information with attendings listed and prior work experience
- Sample CV #6 - Very basic rotation and prior work experience information
- Sample CV #7 - Basic rotation information and prior work experience
- Sample CV #8 - Detailed rotation information and prior work experience
- Sample CV #9 - Detailed rotation information and a professional summary
DNP Alumni Panel and Networking Event
- Abigail Caswell, DNP, CRNA - Class of 2015
Watch Dr. Caswell’s breakout room on Post-Graduation Finances and Student Loan Repayment
- Tim Morales, DNP, CRNA - Class of 2019
Watch Dr. Morales’ breakout room on Surviving your First Year as an CRNA
- Douglas Massey, DNP, CRNA - Class of 2021
Watch Dr. Massey’s breakout room on Insight on Clinicals
- Martha Vera, DNP, CRNA - Class of 2014
Watch Dr. Vera’s breakout room on Securing a Job and Job Movement