BCM LIFE serves as the health and wellness program for Baylor College of Medicine students. BCM LIFE is committed to providing opportunities that allow students to learn about the seven dimensions of wellness (emotional/mental health, physical, financial, social, intellectual, environmental and spiritual), and how to nurture them. We partner with faculty, staff, as well as outside partners which allow us to host a variety of programming and events for our students on campus and off. In addition, BCM LIFE offers an incentive-based platform with Vitality, where students not only engage in BCM LIFE sponsored events and activities but also offers a wide variety of online resources that cover our seven wellness domains, all while competing for gift cards, Baylor merchandise and other incentives throughout the year.
What is Vitality?
Vitality is an interactive and personalized wellness program that makes it easy for you to live your healthiest life. Vitality serves as our incentive based platform where students are able to earn points by participating BCM LIFE programming, activities ranging from going to the gym to going to the dentist as well as engaging with the program online through a variety of education modules covering everything from positive thinking to maintaining a healthy diet. Every Baylor student is highly encouraged to activate their profile in order to be able to win our amazing prizes. For more information and to activate your profile visit www.powerofvitality.com and register today!
Get Started with BCM LIFE and Vitality!
Whether you’re looking to eat better, become more active or focus on habits to help you get the recommended amount of sleep, Vitality will help you create your Personal Pathway™ to better health. Interact with the program at PowerofVitality.com and through the Vitality Today™ mobile app to plan healthy activities that inspire and help you earn BCM LIFE Vitality Points™ to get the rewards you deserve.
View our Vitality Quick Guide to help you get started or follow our step-by-step instructions below.
- Start by Registering! (Principal ID is your BCM ID#)
- Download the Vitality Today mobile app!
- Link your device or smartphone!
- Complete your Vitality Health Review!
- Set goals that motivate you!
- Plan activities that inspire you!
- Learn how to earn BCM LIFE Vitality Points!
- Stay tuned for upcoming challenges throughout the year to win BCM Merchandise and gift cards!
You can visit Employer Resources in the Vitality Portal for information on various offerings provided to students by Baylor College of Medicine.
BCM LIFE Ambassadors
BCM LIFE ambassadors are a group BCM students who are passionate about spreading awareness on student wellness. They know the stresses that come as a student and their goal is to create interactive programming that will create opportunities to interact with fellow BCM peers.
The purpose of BCM LIFE ambassadors is to represent BCM LIFE as well as actively participate in the development, planning and management of current and future initiatives and events while encouraging the participation of their peers in wellness programming.
Have an idea for potential events for students? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to pitch your idea!
BCM LIFE Incentives
Students earning BCM Life Vitality points at a bronze, silver, gold or platinum Vitality status will also earn incentives, such as Baylor merchandise. For specific incentive ideas or requests, email email@example.com.
- Bronze: Complete your Vitality Health Review (VHR) by March 31, 2022 to earn a Baylor shirt and tote bag Students will automatically earn a bonus 250 BCM LIFE Vitality points to reach silver
- Silver: Achieve silver status by June 30, 2022 and earn a Baylor mug
- Gold: Achieve gold status by Sept. 30, 2022 and earn a one-month membership to the BCM Wellness Center (Gym)
- Platinum: Achieve platinum status by Dec. 31, 2022 and earn a three-month membership to the BCM Wellness Center (Gym)