The VA Quality Scholars fellowship offers physicians and nurses the unique opportunity during a two-year fellowship to improve veteran healthcare quality through innovation, teaching, and research. This advanced interprofessional program combines a broad curriculum with an individualized approach to meet the needs of each healthcare professional’s interests.
The fellowship offers many benefits including:
- A paid full-time fellowship (stipend plus books) through the VA Office of Academic Affiliations
- Cross-site learning experiences convened by faculty of the Houston Center for Training in Healthcare Quality
- Opportunities to conduct quality improvement projects and research mentored by nurse and physician faculty scholars
- A broad curriculum combined with individualized training at eight sites in the U.S. and an affiliated program in Canada
- Collaboration with other physician and nurse fellows across North America
- An Incredible experience in quality improvement and patient safety scholarship
Atlanta, GA; Birmingham, AL; Cleveland, OH; Los Angeles, CA; Iowa City, IA; Nashville, TN; San Francisco, CA; Toronto, ON, Canada; White River Junction, VT
Learn about the locations and the application process.
To apply for a VA Quality Scholars fellowship at one of our sites, please contact one of the Senior Scholars at that site. Senior Scholars and their current contact information can be found on their site’s page.
The Coordinating Center at the Michael E.DeBakey VA Medical Center in Houston, Texas administers a two-year, national curriculum along with a range of experiential training opportunities to the interprofessional, pre and postdoctoral fellows at each of the sites.
To apply, view Dr. Aanand Naik's bio for contact information.