2023-2024 CVRI Pilot Awards
The Cardiovascular Research Institute (CVRI) at Baylor College of Medicine is pleased to announce pilot awards for proposals in cardiovascular research that will promote collaboration between investigators and are likely to lead to externally funded grants in the foreseeable future.
- Submit your proposal HERE.
Deadline for submission is August 25, 2023.
- Funding for selected proposals is anticipated to be available October 2023- June 30, 2024.
To promote the writing of multi-PI grants in the area of cardiovascular research (clinical, translational or basic). The expectation is that before the end of calendar year 2023, the co-PIs will submit a grant proposal for external funding (NIH preferred).
- BCM faculty who are members of the CVRI may submit applications. Please visit: https://www.bcm.edu/research/research-centers/cardiovascular-research-institute/membership to become a member.
- Each proposal must include, but not exceed two PIs, with primary appointments in at least two different BCM departments. Collaborators from other TMC institutions are allowed.
- IRB or IACUC approval must be approved at the time of application submission
- Only BCM faculty and their lab may receive CVRI pilot funds.
- Specific aims page
- Max of 6 pages of research plan with: significance, innovation, experimental design, timeline
- Biosketches of the PIs and other essential personnel
- Budget details
- Specific proposal for obtaining extramural funding
Amount of funding:
- 3-4 awards up to $20,000 will be made in unrestricted funds.