Join us for the 12th annual Baylor College of Medicine 5K organized by students and BCM Well-Being. Since 2012, this event has promoted health and service at Baylor to the Houston community. Save the date for this year's Community 5K: Saturday, Oct. 21. The event will start and finish at the Jamail Building/McNair Campus. View a map of the route.
A few reminders for Saturday, Oct. 21:
- Park in the blue lot with plenty of time to arrive, pick up your packet and warm up properly.
- Packet pick-up will start at 7 a.m.
- Kids 1K will start at 8:30 a.m.
- BCM 5K will start at 9 a.m.
- Prizes and awards with be announced at 10 a.m.
Proceeds benefit the Grants for Leadership Opportunities in Wellness (GLOW) Award, which allows BCM students to apply for funding that supports internal and/or external community healthcare initiatives.
Recent GLOW Awards include:
- Yoganatomy – A yoga series spanning orientation and the first nine weeks of the anatomy class to reinforce terminology used in class and train students in common physical exam maneuvers.
- Emotional Roller Coaster Series – This is a series of five events from March to July in which students have the opportunity to share their experiences over lunch, coffee or dinner and participate in fun activities as well as learn about professional resources for counseling and emotional support.
- Longevity for Latinos – An initiative to combat health disparities being undertaken by the Latino Medical Student Association by conducting blood glucose and blood pressure screenings (with faculty supervision) in medically underserved areas of Houston that are predominantly Hispanic.
Our student activities and community outreach will benefit greatly from your participation in this 5K event.