- World-class, award winning physicians committed to providing top quality clinical care to Houston’s diverse patient population
- Recognized for outstanding fellowship training program, dedicated to training future leaders in Nephrology
- Internationally renowned and well-funded research programs in basic, translational and clinical science as it relates to the mechanisms, prevention and treatment of acute and chronic kidney diseases
- Advocating for kidney patients by collaborating with national leaders in kidney disease to help influence public policy
- Serving the local community and increasing awareness of kidney disease and its top two leading causes, high blood pressure and diabetes
I have been a member of Baylor's Section of Nephrology since 2016. It is truly a wonderful environment. I consider it a privilege to work with such an outstanding group of faculty. Our faculty make outstanding contributions to the clinical care of Houston's amazingly diverse patient population and the education of Baylor College of Medicine medical students, residents, and fellows, while also excelling in clinical and basic nephrology research, quality improvement, and advocacy on behalf of people with kidney disease. The collegiality in the Section and the College are outstanding, and I feel very fortunate to work in such an amazing academic medicine environment.
View a message from the Section of Nephrology Chief Wolfgang C. Winkelmayer M.D., Sc.D.
The Section of Nephrology offers fantastic, state-of-the-art learning opportunities for students, residents, fellows and post-docs.
The Section of Nephrology conducts basic and clinical research on kidney function and diseases.
Our nationally respected physicians are experts in every aspect of kidney care, practicing at the major hospitals in the Texas Medical Center.
Join Our Section
Interested in a job opportunity with Baylor College of Medicine? See our BCM Careers site.