Here we provide summaries of several helpful books about parenting.
What to Do When Your Baby Is Premature
by Joseph A. Garcia-Prats, M.D., and Sharon Simmons Hornfischer, RN, BSN. Three Rivers Press, 2000, 361 pages.
What to Do When Your Baby Is Premature has the most up-to-date information on:
- Most common medical conditions that can cause prematurity
- Steps to take to prevent early delivery
- Latest options for treatment
- Understanding the neonatal intensive care unit
- Specific recommendations for different stages of prematurity
- Taking premie babies home
Good Marriages Don't Just Happen
by Catherine Musco Garcia-Prats and Joseph A. Garcia-Prats, M.D. Thomas More, 2000, 272 pages.
"Following our first book, Good Families Don't Just Happen, we decided to write another detailing the ingredients for a successful marriage. In our book Good Marriages Don't Just Happen we hope that the readers will gain an understanding of the important components that have helped us to have a successful marriage while raising our ten sons." (Catherine & Joseph Garcia-Prats)