Here we provide summaries of several helpful books about parenting.
Breastfeeding Your Hospitalized Baby
by Nancy May Hurst, RN, M.S.N., IBCLC, Texas Children's Hospital, 2004, 38 pages
Breastfeeding Your Hospitalized Baby, Texas Children's Hospital
What to Do When Your Baby Is Premature
by Joseph A. Garcia-Prats, M.D., and Sharon Simmons Hornfischer, RN, BSN. Three Rivers Press, 2000, 361 pages.
What to Do When Your Baby Is Premature has the most up-to-date information on:
- Most common medical conditions that can cause prematurity
- Steps to take to prevent early delivery
- Latest options for treatment
- Understanding the neonatal intensive care unit
- Specific recommendations for different stages of prematurity
- Taking premie babies home
Good Marriages Don't Just Happen
by Catherine Musco Garcia-Prats and Joseph A. Garcia-Prats, M.D. Thomas More, 2000, 272 pages.
"Following our first book, Good Families Don't Just Happen, we decided to write another detailing the ingredients for a successful marriage. In our book Good Marriages Don't Just Happen we hope that the readers will gain an understanding of the important components that have helped us to have a successful marriage while raising our ten sons." (Catherine & Joseph Garcia-Prats)