The 2024-2025 financial aid offers are sent out to students as early as March and may continue throughout the academic year. The academic year begins July 1, 2024, and ends June 30, 2025. Disbursement of funds is based on the program and year. The second disbursement of funds is issued within the first two weeks of January for all students except second-year PA students. The PA2 class mid-year second disbursement is issued within the last two weeks of February.
|First two weeks in January
|First two weeks in July
|First two weeks in August
|First two weeks in September
|MS 3 and 4
|MS 1 and 2
|PA 1 and PA 3
|OP 1, 2, and 3
|GC 1, 2
|BSNDNP 2, 3 and 4
|MSNDNP 2, 3 and 4
Timeline for Offer
Once all required documents are submitted and reviewed for eligibility, the following occurs:
- Students will be sent an email with a financial aid offer of loans and/or scholarships up to the budget allowance and availability of funds. The email will contain instructions and next steps.
- Returning students must accept, reduce, or decline loan offers through the BCM CAMS Student Portal. Returning students can also use the portal to review their aid status, or to check for missing documents.
- For incoming students, an e-mail must be sent to email@example.com to accept, reduce or decline offers. If accepting all aid offered, the e-mail should contain the following, "I, (your full name), accept all financial aid offers for the academic year 2022-2023". To reduce an offer, please specify the loan name and dollar amount to be accepted.
- If offered an Institutional Loan, a promissory note must be completed at www.ecsi.net. An e-mail will be sent from HeartlandECSI with login instructions a few days after the loan has been accepted.
- If offered a Federal Direct loan and/or a Graduate PLUS loan, a Master Promissory Note (MPN) must be completed at https://studentaid.gov/, unless a previous one is still valid.
- Online entrance counseling is required for all students accepting Federal Direct and Graduate PLUS loans at https://studentaid.gov/
Generally, financial aid is disbursed at the beginning of each semester. All financial aid (loans, merit- and need- based scholarships) is first credited toward billing charges (e.g., tuition and fees) before a refund is issued. To view your student account balance and pending financial aid at any time, please log in to the BCM CAMS Student Portal (returning students only).
Once all charges are paid, any remaining credit balance will be refunded to the student to be used to pay for indirect expenses such as books, supplies and living expenses. Refunds are processed by the office of Student Account Services. Student may elect to receive refunds either by Direct Deposit or mailed by check to the student’s home address of record. For questions about refund processing or to enroll in Direct Deposit, please contact Student Account Services at SAS@bcm.edu or by phone at (713) 798-4322.
If you are receiving other financial assistance including scholarships, waivers, or other educational benefits, please note that your refund will be reviewed prior to issuance. Students receiving VA Chapter 33 education benefits The net cost of tuition and fees are assessed at Baylor College of Medicine after the application of any waiver of, or reduction in, tuition and fees; and any scholarship, or other Federal, State, institutional, or employer-based aid or assistance (excluding loans). These regulations are outlined in Public Law 111-377. More information is available under Veteran Affairs on the Office of the Registrar website.