Benefits, including salary and vacation time, are determined by the Baylor College of Medicine Office of Graduate Medical Education Office.
- View PGY-5 salary and health benefits information
- Vacation – 15 working days
- Flexible (sick time, interviews, etc) – Five working days
- Professional conferences and mission trips considered part of the fellowship
- Non-clinical time – on average two weekdays per month
- Books provided – Gregory’s Pediatric Anesthesia, Anesthesia for Congenital Heart Disease
- Book/meeting allowance – $1,500
Comments From Prior Fellows
"Having recently moved from Chicago, I was surprised to see how Houston was comparably diverse and cultured! It was an easy transition to move to the city with my family- we have enjoyed the food scene and family-friendly activities!"
- Heena Pranav, class of 2020
"Houston is an incredible city filled with exceptional food, kind people, and pervasive diversity. It's a great place to live, provided that you have air conditioning for the summer!"
- Zuhair Siddiqui, class of 2020
"Moving from a small city to Houston seemed like it would be very overwhelming. However, the diversity of properties all within a reasonable distance from the hospital allowed me to find a place that felt more like home."
- Chris Denny, class of 2021
"Houston is a very diverse city with foods to match each culture. You can live in the heart of it all or venture out to one of the nearby suburbs."
- TeKesha Henry, class of 2021
"What makes Houston very special to me is that it’s a great family city. I found a lot of activities that my son and my wife could do and the people here are very friendly. It’s become my home away from home."
- Tamer Elattary, class of 2019
Houston has it all – it’s a great foodie town – and has the best Chinese food hands down (even has its own Chinatown!). Lots of parks and green spaces with the zoo and multiple running and biking trails right in the medical center. And it’s a great place to raise a family! West University Place is a city within a city near the medical center and has a great elementary school and lots of kids in the neighborhood. Was named “the best city to live in” in the United States per a USA Today article in 2018!
- Eugene Chung, class of 2018