The Department of Anesthesiology Faculty Development Council is comprised of faculty from all credentials in the department.
The Council is led by the Vice-Chair for Faculty Development, Dr. David Young.
Department goals for the Faculty Development Council:
- Evaluate applications for the newly created Faculty Professional Development Program grants.
- Develop relevant Department-specific Faculty Development programs such as in teaching techniques, wellness, peer support, and mentoring to advance faculty-wide professional development.
- Expand the offerings of the current Internal Promotions/Appointments Subcommittee to include faculty information sessions and workshops on academic promotion as well as BCM specific educational and clinical awards.
- Develop Department-specific promotion guidelines for APP faculty.
- Develop processes and action plans to meet faculty development initiatives assigned to the department by the College.