About the Program
The Neurotology Fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine and MD Anderson Cancer Center offers a robust clinical experience in otology and neurotology. See information on patient care centers where our fellows train, Baylor Medicine ENT and MD Anderson Head & Neck Center.
There is broad exposure to all neurotologic procedures involving the lateral skull base, posterior and middle cranial fossae, and temporal bone.
Tumor surgery (benign and malignant), cochlear implantation, stapes surgery, surgical management of chronic otomastoiditis and vestibular disorders are all a part of the fellow’s experience.
Based on the experience of recent graduates, the volume is expected to be more than 400 cases per year and includes care for both adult and pediatric patients. The fellow will also have the opportunity to work within multidisciplinary teams for the treatment of head and neck cancer, intracranial tumors, as well as hearing and balance disorders.
Additional Neurotology fellowship information can be found on the American Neurotology Society website.
- Application Deadline: To be announced
- Number of fellows per year: One every other year
- University Affiliation: Baylor College of Medicine, University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
- Hospital affiliation: Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston Methodist Hospital
- Accreditation: ACGME accredited
- Licensing requirement: Texas Physician-in-Training permit or Full Medical License Required
- Call requirements: Limited
- Research: Required – depending on the specific interests of the fellow, dedicated time is available to pursue both clinical and basic science/translational research opportunities through Baylor College of Medicine, MD Anderson Cancer Center and collaborating institutions around the Texas Medical Center such as Rice University, the University of Houston and the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston School of Public Health.
- Benefits and Stipends: PGY-6 level (first year) and PGY-7 level (second year)
- Program Faculty