About the Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center
We're improving the lives of our patients through the highest-quality care, an outstanding team of specialists, and the latest technologies, therapies, and research. The Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center at Baylor Medicine in Houston, Texas, led by Dr. Manreet Kaur offers a full spectrum of services needed to effectively diagnose, treat and manage IBD. We have as well, special expertise in the management of IBD in women, including during pregnancy and the adolescent years.
At the Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center, patients benefit from:
- Highly trained specialists in the management of IBD, including gastroenterologists, pathologists, nutritionists, radiologists, psychologists and surgeons.
- State-of-the-art endoscopy equipment for improved diagnosis and treatment, and more accurate detection of early cancer, including video capsule endoscopy and enteroscopy.
- Expert pathologists for interpreting and diagnosing Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and its possible cancerous changes.
- Leading-edge treatment based on the latest research findings.
- A close patient follow-up to optimize treatment, prevent complications and detect any possible cancerous changes.
- Access to the latest clinical trials.
The Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center offers a variety of diagnostic and therapeutic services including laboratory tests, colonoscopy, video capsule endoscopy, and x-rays. We offer the following clinical evaluation, diagnostic and therapeutic services:
Clinical Evaluations Services
- Multidisciplinary pediatric to adult transition clinic.
- Multidisciplinary IBD surgery clinic.
- GI wellness and nutrition.
- Behavioral health services.
- Chromoendoscopy – for surveillance of colorectal cancer
- Video capsule endoscopy
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) – for diagnosis and management of primary sclerosing cholangitis.
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) – for diagnosis and management of perianal disease in Chron’s disease.
- Balloon enteroscopy – for investigation, biopsy or dilation of small lesions.
- CT enteropgraphy (CTE)
- MR enteropgraphy (MRE)
What is Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Learn more about IBD, how it is diagnosed and treated.
Diagnostic Testing for IBD
Our experts examine every possible cause of your condition. You may need one or more tests to determine the issue.
Surgical Procedures for IBD
Experts in new, innovative, minimally invasive surgical procedures for patients with problems related to IBD. Learn More.
IBD and Nutrition
Our team includes a dedicated nutritionist who specializes in helping patients with inflammatory bowel disease. Learn more.
IBD and Pregnancy
Common questions about IBD and pregnancy. Learn more.