Baylor Medicine Orthopedic Trauma specializes in treating broken bones (fractures) and other musculoskeletal injuries resulting from any array of traumatic accidents, from slip and falls to high energy motor-vehicle related accidents. Our team of board-certified orthopedic surgeons are fellowship-trained in trauma and highly skilled in operating on fractures throughout the body.
They provide comprehensive fracture care at several institutions, including Ben Taub General Hospital, Texas Children's Hospital, Baylor St. Luke's Hospital, and The Methodist Hospital. They are available 24/7 year-round to care for our patients. Our surgeons are dedicated to helping patients heal and regain function, so they can return to their normal activities as soon as possible.
Our Orthopedic Trauma surgeons treat:
- Fractures of the hip, pelvis, and other bones throughout the body
- Joint dislocations, including the shoulder, elbow, or knee
- Ligament and tendon injuries, including tears or ruptures
- Traumatic injuries to the hands, wrists, and fingers
- Complex injuries involving multiple bones or joints
- Sports-related injuries, including breaks and overuse injuries (i.e. stress fractures)
- Injuries from motor vehicle accidents, falls, or other traumatic events
- Pediatric fractures and growth plate injuries
- Fractures that do not heal (non-union) and fractures that don’t heal correctly (malunion)
- Pathologic fractures including those related to cancer or osteoporosis