Please visit our central patient information page for more information on insurance, paying online, billing, customer services, privacy practices (HIPAA), patient guide, and documents and forms including Authorization for Release of Protected Health Information (medical records) and the Patient Relationship Agreement.
Phone: (713) 798-7246
New and Referred Patients
If required by your insurance, we have several ways in which your referring physician can submit a referral to us. We request that they also provide the applicable medical records and imaging.
Day of Appointment
The day of your appointment, remember to:
- Arrive 15 minutes early to complete forms and allow us time to upload any imaging you might have brought with you.
- Bring photo identification (ID).
- Bring your insurance cards(s).
- Bring a form of payment. Payment is due at the time of service.
- Have a list of your current medications including dosage and frequency available.
- Bring relevant medical records.
- Bring x-rays, CT scans and/or MRI scans taken for your current medical condition, if available. Please arrive early if you are bringing your imaging with you on a CD.
- Have your referring physician contact information available (if applicable).
- Have your preferred pharmacy contact information available.
- Have your emergency contact information available.
Diagnostic Services: Labs and Imaging
Patients who require diagnostic tests such as ultrasounds, CT scans or MRIs will be referred to Baylor Medicine Radiology and Diagnostics or a facility approved by your insurance carrier. Your provider’s nurse or medical assistant will schedule the tests for you.
Please note that many insurance carriers require pre-approval of diagnostic tests. We urge you to read your policy carefully and discuss any questions you might have with us. If you have a preferred diagnostic service provider, please discuss with your provider during your visit.
Medical Emergencies and After Hours
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911.
In emergency situations, patients should be taken to the Baylor St. Luke’s emergency room Please notify your provider as quickly as possible in an emergency situation.
Call (713) 798-7246 if you need medical care after our regular oﬃce hours (weekdays 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.), on weekends, or during holidays. The answering service will relay your message to the on-call provider.
Medical Insurance, Billing and Payment
Our billing oﬃce specialists will work with you, on an individual basis, to make the appropriate ﬁnancial arrangements. Please note that many insurance companies require pre-certiﬁcation, a second opinion, or that you ﬁle claims within a certain time period in order for you to be reimbursed fully.
We urge you to review your policy carefully so that you will receive the full amount to which you are entitled. The billing specialists can be reached by calling (713) 798-7246.