Mood and Anxiety Disorders Clinical Trials
The Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program is focused on the discovery of innovative, new therapies for patients suffering from treatment-resistant mood and anxiety disorders in order to improve the quality of life for these individuals and their families. The program pursues excellence in patient-oriented research, clinical care, education and community outreach, with a spirit of beneficence, humility and integrity.
Individuals who have not responded favorably to a variety of therapies for Major Depressive Disorder are considered to have treatment-resistant depression and are of particular interest to our program.
If you are depressed, and feel that your current medication is not working well enough, or you meet the requirements below, then you may be eligible to participate in one of our research studies.
Links to our program’s current clinical trials are below. Patients who participate in research may be reimbursed for travel and parking expenses.
- Mechanisms, Prediction and Treatment of Short-Term Risk for Suicidal Behavior, Version 2 (H-38275)
- Glutamate Receptor and Kynurenine Pathway Functioning in the Pathobiology of Gulf War Illness (H-40948)
- Treatment Resistant Depression: Augmentation Versus Switch (H-40432)
- Treatment Resistant Depression: ECT Versus Ketamine (H-40701)
Who Is Eligible for Our Studies?
Patients who meet the following requirements may be eligible to participate in our programs associated clinical studies.
- Men and women diagnosed with a suspected diagnosis of major depressive disorder.
- Patients between the ages of 18 and 80
- Patients not currently abusing street drugs or alcohol
- Patients not diagnosed with unstable medical or neurological illnesses
- Patients willing to obtain copies of medical records from previous psychiatrist(s)
If you think you qualify for one of our studies, please contact us using one of the following options:
- Call: (713) 689-9856
- Submit: Research Patient Survey
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Where Is Our Research Conducted?
Our clinical research is conveniently located at various Baylor affiliate sites throughout Harris County while the majority of our research is conducted at:
Jamail Specialty Care Center
1977 Butler Blvd.
Houston, TX 77030
Map to Jamail
Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center
2002 Holcombe Blvd.
Houston, TX 77030
Map to MEDVAMC
Participate in a Clinical Trial
If you are interested in participating in a clinic trial, please call (713) 689-9856 or complete this form.