Kay, M.D., B.A.
Kay, M.D., B.A.
- Assistant Professor
Pediatrics-Global Immigrant Health
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX US
- BA from Cornell University
- Ithaca, New York United States
- MD from University of Connecticut School of Medicine
- Farmington, Connecticut United States
- Residency at Maine Medical Center
- Portland, Maine United States
- Fellowship at Stanford University
- Stanford, California United States
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Pediatrics,
- Certificate of Knowledge
- American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
- AAP: Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Pediatric Tuberculosis
- Pediatric HIV
- Global Health
Professional StatementIn my role as Associate Director of the Global TB Program I am based full time in Mbabane, eSwatini and oversee clinical care at the TB Centre of Excellence, as well as the Global TB Program's clinical, translational and operational research programs. I have worked previously as a BIPAI physician in Lesotho and continue to work closely with BIPAI in eSwatini. My current work focuses on evaluating a novel stool-based diagnostic for tuberculosis, assessing barriers to isoniazid preventive therapy use, and performing operational research to support TB active case finding. The TB Centre of Excellence is a pediatric referral center in eSwatini for complicated cases of childhood TB. We collaborate frequently with the eSwatini National TB Control Program in efforts to advance the clinical care of children with TB and TB/HIV in eSwatini.
Log In to edit your profile