Professor of Radiology
- Professor of Radiology
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX US
- Baylor College of Medicine (Office)
Department of Radiology
One Baylor Plaza
Houston, TX 77030
- Baylor Clinic (Clinic)
Houston, TX 77030
Phone: (713) 798-4417
- M.D. from Fac. De. Med., University Nacional De Colombia
- 01/1992 - Bogota, Colombia
- Residency at Pontificia University Javeriana Affiliate Hospital
- 01/1997 - Bogota, Colombia
- Clinical Fellowship at New York University School Of Medicine
- 01/1997 - New York, New York United States
- MRI Visiting Fellowship
- Fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine
- 06/2004 - Houston, Texas United States
- Internship at Clinica San Pedro Claver
- 01/1992 - Bogota, Colombia
- MD from Universidad Nacional De Colombia
- Bogota, Colombia
- Board Certified
- American Board of Radiology, 2007
- Neuroradiology CAQ
- American Board of Radiology, 2010
Honors & Awards
- Certificate of Merit, Lumps and bumps on the head in childhood: a diagnostic dilemma
- RSNA, 2003
- Brain tumors imaging
- Evaluation of spine tumors and degenerative changes.
- Thyroid and parathyroid disease
Professional StatementDr. Fanny Moron is a native of Colombia and traveled to the United States in 1997 to complete an MRI Fellowship at the New York University School of Medicine. She returned to the U.S. in 2003 and completed a Neuroradiology Fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine. Upon completion of her fellowship in 2004, Dr. Moron received a faculty appointment in the Department of Radiology at BCM which she still holds. In the interim, Dr. Moron became Board certified in Radiology with an additional CAQ in Neuroradiology from the American Board of Radiology. Dr. Moron covers all aspects of neuroradiology and is especially interested in advanced brain imaging for CNS tumors, stroke and parathyroid disease.
Baylor College of Medicine Department of Radiology
- Moron FE, Klucznik RP, Mawad ME, Strother CM "Endovascular treatment of high-flow carotid cavernous fistulas by stet-assisted coil placement." AJNR. 2005 June ; 26 (6): 1399-1404.
- Ganeshan D, Moron FE, Szklaruk J "Extrahepatic biliary cancer: New staging classification.." World J Radiol. 2012 August 28; 4 (8): 345-52. Pubmed PMID: 22937214
- Delumpa A, Moron FE "Invasive aspergillosis with CNS involvement." ACR Case in Point. 2013 July ; :
- Moron FE, Morriss MC, Jones JJ, Hunter JV "Lumps and bumps on the head in childhood: a diagnostic dilemma." RadioGraphics. 2004 November ; 24 (6): 1655-1674.
- Nasseri F, Myers A, Shah K, Moron FE "Severe back pain and lower extremities weakness in a young male.." Br J Radiol. 2013 May ; 86 (1025): Pubmed PMID: 23537521
- Moron FE, Benndorf G, Akpek S, Dempsy R, Strother CM "Spontaneous thrombosis of a posttraumatic posterior cerebral artery aneurysm in a child." AJNR. 2005 26 : 58-60.
- Parikh A, Suliburk J, Moron FE "Imaging localization and surgical approach in the management of ectopic parathyroid adenomas." Endocrine Practice. 2018 June ; 24 (6): 589-598.
- Xudong S, Moron FE, Gao B "Imaging of cerebral venous complications in patients infections." Radiology of Infectious Diseases. 2017 June ; 4 : 131-135.
- Reddy A, Moron FE "Primary extradural paraganglioma of the thoracic spine." J Radiol. 2017 December 3; 11 (12): 1-7.
- Moron FE, Delumpa, A, et al "Single phase computed tomography is equivalent to dual phase for localizing hyperfunctioning parathyroid glands in patients with primary hyperparathyroidism: a retrospective review." Peer J. 2017 August 15; e3586 :
- Li X, Moron FE "Treatment related MR imaging findings in patients with glioma after radiotherapy, chemotherapy, and biological therapy." Clinics in Oncology. 2016 September 28; :
- Wang KY, Carlton J, Guffey D, Hutton GJ and Morón F "Histogram analysis of apparent diffusion coefficient and fluid-attenuated inversion recovery in discriminating between enhancing and nonenhancing lesions in multiple sclerosis." Clin Imaging. 2020 January ; 59 :
- Moron FE, Szklaruk J "Learning the nodal stations in the abdomen." Br J Radiol. 2007 October ; 80 (958): 841-848.
- Parikh AM, Grogan R and Morón FE "Localization of parathyroid disease in reoperative patients with primary hyperpLocalization of parathyroid disease in reoperative patients with primary hyperparathyroidism.arathyroidism." Int J Endocrinol.. (Int J Endocrinol. Special issue: "Primary Hyperparathyroidism): 13-20.
- Elshafeey N, Kotrotsou A, Hassan A, Elshafei N, Hassan I, Ahmed S, Abrol S, Agarwal A, El Salek K, Bergamaschi S, Acharya J, Morón FE, Law M, Fuller GN, Huse JT, Zinn PO and Colen RR. "Multicenter study demonstrates radiomic features derived from magnetic resonance perfusion images identify pseudoprogression in glioblastoma.." Nature Commun. 2019 July 18; 10 :
- Bennet J, Suliburk JW and Morón FE "OOsseous manifestations of primary hyperparathyroidism: Imaging findings. roidism: Imaging findings.." Int J Endocrinol.. 2020 February ; (Int J Endocrinol. Special issue: "Primary Hyperparathyroidism:):
- Dandachi D, Ostrom QT, Chong I, Serpa JA, Giordano TP, Nathan F, Colen R and Morón FE "Primary central nervous system lymphoma in patients with and without HIV infection: A multicenter study and comparison with U.S national data." Causes Control. 2019 May 30; :
- Chong I, Ostrum Q, Khan B, Dandachi D, Garg N, Kotrotsou A, Colen R and Morón F "Whole tumor histogram analysis using DW MRI in primary central nervous system lymphoma correlates with tumor biomarkers and outcome." Cancers. 2019 October 11; 10 :
- American Society of Neuroradiology
- Radiological Society of North America
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- Colombian Congress of Radiology
- Member, Program Committee
- Colombian Society of Radiology
- American College of Radiology
- Texas Radiological Society
- Houston Radiological Society
Log In to edit your profile