- Assistant Professor
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX US
Dan L Duncan Comprehensive Cancer Center
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, Texas United States
- MEDVAMC/Urology Clinic (Clinic)
2002 Holcombe Boulevard, VAMC-700
Houston, TX 77030
Phone: (713) 798-4001
- BA from Barnard College, Columbia University
- 05/1999 - New York, New York United States
- MD from University of Texas Medical School - Houston
- 05/2004 - Houston, Texas United States
- Internship at University of Texas Medical School - Houston
- 06/2005 - Houston, Texas United States
- General Surgery
- Residency at University of Texas Medical School - Houston
- 06/2009 - Houston, Texas United States
- Fellowship at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- 06/2012 - New York, New York United States
- Clinical and Research Fellowship in Urologic Oncology
- MPH from Harvard TH Chan School of Public Health
- 05/2012 - Boston, United States
- Clinical Effectiveness
Honors & Awards
- Urology Residency Program Director
- Baylor College of Medicine (07/2021)
- Urology Residency Associate Program Director
- Baylor College of Medicine (11/2020 - 06/2021)
- Early Career Faculty Award for Excellence in Patient Care
- Baylor College of Medicine (05/2019)
- Women of Excellence Award
- Nominated by trainees and faculty in my department
- Baylor College of Medicine (05/2020)
- Norton Rose Fulbright Faculty Excellence Award for Teaching & Evaluation
- Baylor College of Medicine (05/2021)
- Urologic Oncology
- Medical Education
- Riester M, Taylor JM, Feifer A, Koppie T, Downey R, Bochner B, Michor F "Combination of a novel gene expression signature with a clinical nomogram improves the prediction of survival in high-risk bladder cancer." Clin Ca Res.2012;18(5):1323-1333.
- Taylor JM, Feifer A, Savage C, Machino A, Bernstein M, Herr HW, Donat SM "Evaluating the utility of a preoperative nomogram for predicting 90 day mortality following radical cystectomy for bladder cancer." BJU Int.2012;109(6):855-859.
- Meeks, JJ, Taylor JM, Matsushita K, Herr HW, Donat SM, Bochner BH, Dalbagni G "Pathological response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy for muscle-invasive micropapillary bladder cancer." BJU Int.2013;111(8):E325-330.
- Hegarty PK, Suh J, Fisher MB, Taylor J, Nguyen TH, Ivan D, Prieto V, Pagliaro LC, Pettaway CP "Penoscrotal extramammary Paget's disease: The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center contemporary experience." J Urol.2011;186(1):97-102.
- Feifer AH, Taylor JM, Tarin TV, Herr HW "Maximizing cure for muscle-invasive bladder cancer: Integration of surgery and chemotherapy." Eur Urol. 2011 59 (6): 978-984.
- Herr H, Donat SM, Dalbagni G, Taylor JM "Narrow-band imaging cystoscopy to evaluate bladder tumours - individual surgeon variability." BJUI. 2010 July ; 106 (1): 53-55.
- Westney OL, Scott S, Wood C, Eddings T, Johnson MM, Taylor JM, McGuire EJ, Pisters LL "Suburethral sling at the time of radical prostatectomy in patients at high risk for postoperative incontinence." BJUI. 2006 August ; 98 (2): 308-313.
- Popat S, Hubbard C, Mayer WA, Taylor JM. "Education Time Out and Debrief: Structured Implementation of Perioperative Resident Technical Education Discussion." 2021 : Pubmed PMID: 33022400
- Taylor JM, Yaneva M, Velasco K, Philip J, Erdjument-Bromage H, Ostrovnaya I, Lilja HG, Bochner BH, Tempst P "Aminopeptidase activities as prospective urinary biomarkers for bladder cancer." Proteomics Clin Appl. 2014 June ; 8 (5): 317-326.
- Chyu J, Peters CE, Nicholson TM, Dai JC, Taylor J, Garg T, Smith AB, Porten SP, Greene K, Browning N, Harris E, Sutherland SE, Psutka SP. "Women in Leadership in Urology: The Case for Increasing Diversity and Equity.." Urology. 2021 : Pubmed PMID: 32961220
- Talwar R, Bernstein A, Jones A, Crook J, Apolo AB, Taylor JM, Burke LM, Plimack ER, Porten SP, Greene KL, Psutka SP, Smith AB. "Assessing Contemporary Trends in Female Speakership within Urologic Oncology.." Urology. 2021 : Pubmed PMID: 2798517
- select Garg T, Antar A, Taylor JM. "Urologic oncology workforce diversity: A first step in reducing cancer disparities.." Urol Oncol. 2019 : Pubmed PMID: 31104976
- Slovacek H, Zhuo J, Taylor JM "Approaches to Non-Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer.." : Pubmed PMID: 34269918
- Anaissie J, Mayer W, Popat S, Taylor JM. "Innovative Approaches to Battling Resident Burnout in a Urology Residency Program." Urol Practice. 2021 :
- American Urological Association
- Society of Urologic Oncology
- Society of Women in Urology
- American College of Surgeons
- Urological Society for American Veterans
Log In to edit your profile