- Assistant Professor
Molecular and Cellular Biology
Baylor College of Medicine
- Baylor College of Medicine (Office)
1 Baylor Plaza
Houston, TX 77030
- BA from Johns Hopkins University
- Baltimore, MD
- PhD from University of Chicago
- Chicago, Illinois
- Biophysical Sciences
- Postdoctoral Fellowship at Princeton University
- Princeton, NJ
- Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Composition-dependent changes of biological condensates during oncogenesis and differentiation.
- The role of biological condensates in the production, modification, and assembly of macromolecules such as RNA-protein complexes.
- Understanding the biophysics of condensates using and building on the theories from polymer physics and physical chemistry.
- Riback JA, Zhu L, Ferrolino MC, Tolbert M, Mitrea DM, Sanders DW, Wei MT, Kriwacki RW, Brangwynne CP "Composition-dependent thermodynamics of intracellular phase separation." Nature.2020;581:209–214. Pubmed PMID: 32405004
- Riback JA, Brangwynne CP "Can phase separation buffer cellular noise?." Science.2020;367:364-365. Pubmed PMID: 31974233
- Riback JA, Bowman MA, Zmyslowski AM, Knoverek CR, Jumper JM, Hinshaw JR, Kaye EB, Freed KF, Clark PL, Sosnick TR "Innovative scattering analysis shows hydrophobic disordered proteins are expanded in water.." Science.2017;358:238-241. Pubmed PMID: 29026044
- Riback JA, Katanski CD, Kear-Scott JL, Pilipenko EV, Rojek AE, Sosnick TR, Drummond DA "Stress-triggered phase separation is an adaptive, evolutionarily tuned response.." Cell.2017;168:1028–1040. Pubmed PMID: 28283059
Log In to edit your profile