Matthew A Musick, M.D.
Matthew A Musick, M.D.
- Associate Professor
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX US
- TCH - Legacy Tower (Hospital)
6651 Main Street
Phone: (832) 826-6230
- MD from The University of Texas Health Science Center
- San Antonio, Texas United States
- Residency at Stanford University School Of Medicine
- Stanford, California United States
- Pediatrics, 2008
- Fellowship at Baylor College Of Medicine
- Houston, Texas United States
- Pediatric Critical Care, 2011
- BS from California Institute Of Technology
- 06/2000 - Pasadena, California United States
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics
- Baylor College of Medicine
Professional StatementIn my role as associate chief for clinical operations, I strive to evaluate the quality of patient care that is provided in our intensive care units in a collaborative effort with our hospital and nursing partners. We constantly attempt to find creative solutions to new problems while trying to constantly provide opportunities for the clinicians to advance the field of pediatric critical care through translational research, medical education, and quality projects. In total, we hope to give each current and future patient the very best care possible.
In addition to my administrative duties and passion for caring for patients, I am committed to finding ways to evaluate new technologies for use in the intensive care unit. Specifically, I am interested in extracorporeal life support and potential therapies and diagnostic devices that might improve the care of children on ECMO. I am also interested in non-invasive technology that might provide timely information regarding cardiac output in children diagnosed with sepsis and septic shock.
- Musick MA, Loftis LL, Kennedy CE "Comparing Vasoactive-Inotropic Score Reporting Strategies in the PICU Relative to Mortality Risk." 2018 Dec;19(12):1130-1136. Pubmed PMID: 30520839
- Gleeson EI, Cunningham ME, Burgman C, Musick MA, Thomas JA, Gardner GC, Kukreja KU, Vogel AM "A Multidisciplinary Approach to VA ECMO Cannulation in Children." J Pediatr Surg. 2020 Mar 11; Pubmed PMID: 32234319
- Eckstein OS, Nuchtern JG, Mallory GB, Guillerman RP, Musick MA, Barclay M, Bhatt JM, Davies P, Grundy RG, Martin A, Hilliard T, Lowis SP, Picton S, Nanduri V, Visser J, Allen CE, McClain KL "Management of Severe Pulmonary Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis in Children." Pediatr Pulmonol. 2020 Jun 8; Pubmed PMID: 32511892
- c. Stubbs LA, Szafron V, Forbes LR, Musick MA, Gillispie AE, Sauer HE, Smith VR, Fasipe TA, Munoz FM, Tejtel KS, Silva-Carmona M, Vogel TP, Muscal E. "Severe Pediatric COVID-19 Pneumonia Treated With Adjuvant Anakinra." Hosp Pediatr. 2022 May; Pubmed PMID: 35237791
- a. Ninemire MR, Petrescu M, Musick MA, Shekerdemian LS, Kumar S, Dinh J, Thammasitboon S. "Lessons and Insights From the Implementation of the Cohort Model for a PICU: A Case Study Research." Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2022 Jun; Pubmed PMID: 35678454
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- American Academy of Pediatrics
Log In to edit your profile