- Assistant Professor
Department of Medicine
Baylor College of Medicine
- Baylor College of Medicine, 1 Baylor Plaza, BCM-Jewish Institute for Research (Lab)
Houston, TX 77030
Phone: (713) 798-4298
- PhD from Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology
- 10/2014 - New Delhi, Delhi India
- Cancer multi-omics analysis
- Immune informatics
Professional StatementThe primary goal of my research is to improve breast cancer diagnosis, treatment and survival by precision data science.
Breast cancer is a diverse and heterogeneous disease, hence one therapy will not be uniformly beneficial to all patients. To dissect the molecular level heterogeneity of these tumors, we employ multi-omics and big data analysis on patient’s next generation sequencing data. We implement bioinformatics to understand the role of mutations, structural variations, gene expressions, copy number variations and genomic aberrations in promoting breast cancer.
In the past, we have shown role of DNA damage repair defects as a new class of endocrine treatment resistance driver. Exploring the cause and effect relationship further, we are trying to understanding the contribution of immune-checkpoint and other immune-tolerance factors in therapeutic resistant and advancement of estrogen-receptor positive disease. This warrants for integration of patient genome, transcriptome and metabolome with their clinical data.
- "Comprehensive profiling of DNA repair defects in breast cancer identifies a novel class of endocrine therapy resistance drivers." Clinical Cancer Research.2018/May;: Pubmed PMID: 29793947
- "Immune Checkpoint Profiles in Luminal B Breast Cancer (Alliance)." 2019/October30;: Pubmed PMID: 31665365
- "The prognostic effects of somatic mutations in ER-positive breast cancer." Nature Communications.2018/September;: Pubmed PMID: 30181556
- NGS-data analysis
- Cancer genomics
Log In to edit your profile