Tyler Lawrence Coye, D.P.M.
Tyler Lawrence Coye, D.P.M.
Assistant Professor of Surgery
- Assistant Professor of Surgery
Division of Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy
Baylor College of Medicine
- Vascular Surgery (Clinic)
Baylor Medicine at McNair Campus
7200 Cambridge Street, Suite 6E
Houston, TX 77030
Phone: (713) 798-5700
- Research Fellowship at The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Dallas, TX
- Residency at Rochester General Hospital
- Rochester, NY
- DPM from Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine
- Philadelphia, NY
- BA from Alfred University
- Alfred, NY
Professional StatementTyler L. Coye, DPM, assistant professor in the Division of Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy, is a podiatric surgeon specializing in diabetic limb salvage.
Dr. Coye earned his bachelor's degree in mathematics from Alfred University, graduating cum laude and with honors. He earned his doctorate in podiatric medicine and surgery from Temple University. He completed his surgical residency at Rochester General Hospital in Rochester, NY, serving as chief resident during his final year. During residency Dr. Coye received training in all aspects of foot and ankle surgery including reconstructive rearfoot and ankle surgery, wound care and diabetic foot management.
Following residency, Dr. Coye completed rigorous fellowship training in diabetic limb salvage at the University of Texas Southwestern. He trained as a member of the diabetic limb salvage team at both Parkland Memorial Hospital and Clements University Hospital and received extensive medical and surgical training in lower extremity limb preservation and management of all aspects of foot and ankle complications.
His clinical and research interests focus on diabetic limb preservation, including medical and surgical management of lower extremity ulcerations and infections. He has delivered numerous presentations, published several academic articles and won multiple research awards related to his areas of expertise.
- Coye, T. L., Foote, C., Stasko, P "Prevalence of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in diabetic foot infections in the United States: A systematic review and meta-analysis." Foot & Ankle Surgery: Techniques, Reports & Cases.;
- Coye, T. L., Tirabassi, N., Foote, C. M., Heddy, B "An Umbrella Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Systematic Reviews on the Topic of Foot and Ankle Arthrodesis Nonunion Rates." The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery.;
- Coye, T. L., Foote, C., Stasko, P., Demarco, B., Farley, E., Kalia, H "Predictive Value of MRSA Nares Colonization in Diabetic Foot Infections: A Systematic Review and Bivariate Random Effects Meta-Analysis." The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery.;
- Coye, T. L., Crisologo, P., Lavery, l. A. "Prevalence of Diabetic Burn-Out in Patients on Dialysis—A Rapid Evidence Review and Meta-analysis." Diabetes.;
- Coye, T. L., Crisologo, P., Suludere, M. A., Lavery, L. A.DERE, M. A., & LAVERY, L. A. ": Outcomes of Patients With and Without Severe Renal Impairment Admitted with Moderate and Severe Diabetic Foot Infections." Diabetes.;
- American Diabetes Association
- Texas Podiatric Medical Association
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- American Podiatric Medicine Association
Log In to edit your profile