- Assistant Professor
Pharmacology & Chemical Biology:Wang
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX US
- One Baylor Plaza (Lab)
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX 77030
- PhD from Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Postdoctoral Training at University of Florida
- Gainesville, Florida
- Postdoctoral Training at Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- Boston, Massachusetts
Professional StatementMy research interest mainly lies in identifying the fundamental molecular mechanisms that contribute to the etiology of neuropsychiatric disorders and drug addiction. Using behavioral, pharmacological, transgenic mouse models, and human neuronal model system, my projects are focused on studying how stress promotes psychiatric disorders and drug addiction. The overall underlying mechanisms investigated involve the intracellular signaling transduction, neuroendocrine regulation, plasticity of neural circuitry, and functions of psychiatric risk genes.
- Qi XL, Hidetaka Y, Corrie Lu, Ji Y, Bauzo R, Alexander J, Bruijnzeel AW. "A critical role for the melanocortin 4 receptor in stress-induced relapse to nicotine seeking in rats.." Addiction Biol.. 2015;20:324-335.
- Qi XL, Lin W, Wang D, Pan Y, Wang W, Sun M. "A role for the extracellular signal-regulated kinase signal pathway in depressive-like behavior." Behav Brain Res. 2009;99:203-209..
- Bruijnzeel AW, Qi XL, Corrie LW. "Anorexic effects of intra-VTA leptin are similar in low-fat and high-fat-fed rats but attenuated in a subgroup of high-fat-fed obese rats.." Pharmacol Biochem Behav.. 2013;103:573-581.
- Bruijnzeel AW, Qi XL, Guzhva LV, Wall S, Deng JV, Gold MS, Febo M, Setlow B. "Behavioral characterization of the effects of cannabis smoke and anandamide in Rats.." PloS one. 2016;11:e0153327.
- Li N, He X, Zhang Y, Qi XL, Li H, Zhu X, He S. "Brain-derived neurotrophic factor signalling mediates antidepressant effects of lamotrigine.." Int J Neuropsychopharmacol.. 2011;14:1091-1098..
- Wang D, Lin W, Pan Y, Kuang X, Qi XL, Sun H. "Chronic blockade of glucocorticoid receptors by RU486 enhances lipopolysaccharide-induced depressive-like behaviour and cytokine production in rats.." Brain Behav Immun.. 2011;25:706-714..
- Guo JY, Li CY, Ruan YP, Sun M, Qi XL, Zhao BS, Luo F. "Chronic treatment with celecoxib reverses chronic unpredictable stress-induced depressive-like behavior via reducing cyclooxygenase-2 expression in rat brain.." Eur J Pharmacol. 2009;612:54-60.
- Qi XL, Guzhva L, Ji Y, Bruijnzeel AW. "Chronic treatment with the vasopressin 1b receptor antagonist SSR149415 prevents the dysphoria associated with nicotine withdrawal in rats." Behav Brain Res. 2015;292:259-265.
- Qi XL, Lin W, Li J, Li H, Wang W, Wang D, Sun M. "Fluoxetine increases the activity of the ERK-CREB signal system and alleviates the depressive-like behavior in rats exposed to chronic forced swim stress.." Neurobiol Dis. 2008;31:278-285.
- Yao S, Peng M, Zhu X, Cheng M, Qi XL. "Heat shock protein72 protects hippocampal neurons from apoptosis induced by chronic psychological stress.." Int J Neurosci.. 2007;117:1551-1564.
- Qi XL, Guzhva L, Yang Z, Febo M, Shan Z, Wang KK, Bruijnzeel AW "Overexpression of CRF in the BNST diminishes dysphoria but not anxiety-like behavior in nicotine withdrawing rats." Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2016;26:1378-1389.
- Qi XL, Shan ZY, Ji Y, Guerra V, Alexander JC, Ormerod BK, Bruijnzeel AW. "Sustained AAV-mediated overexpression of CRF in the central amygdala diminishes the depressive-like state associated with nicotine withdrawal in rats.." Transl Psychiatry. 2014;doi: 10.1038/tp.2014.25.
- Qi XL, Lin W, Li J, Pan Y, Wang W. "The depressive-like behaviors are correlated with decreased phosphorylation of mitogen-activated protein kinases in rat brain following chronic forced swim stress.." Behav Brain Res. 2006;175:233-240.
- Pan Y, Lin W, Wang W, Qi XL, Wang D, Tang M. "The effects of central pro-and anti-inflammatory immune challenges on depressive-like behavior induced by chronic forced swim stress in rats." Behav Brain Res.. 2013;247:232-240.
- Li N, He X, Qi XL, Zhang Y, He S. "The mood stabilizer lamotrigine produces antidepressant behavioral effects in rats: role of brain-derived neurotrophic factor.." J Psychopharmacol. 2010;24:1772-1778.
- Garza JC, Qi XL, Gjeluci K, Leussis MP, Basu H, Reis SA, Zhao WN, Piguel NH, Penzes P, Haggarty SJ, Martens GJ, Poelmans G, Petryshen TL. "The psychiatric risk gene ankyrin 3 regulates microtubule dynamics through GSK3/CRMP2 signaling." Transl Psychiatry. 2018;
- Igari M, Alexander JC, Ji Y, Qi XL, Papke RL, Bruijnzeel AW. "Varenicline and cytisine diminish the dysphoric-like state associated with spontaneous nicotine withdrawal in rats.." Neuropsychopharmacology. 2014;39:455-465.
- Qi XL, Bruijnzeel D, Bruijnzeel A. "Book Chapter. Critical Role for Brain Stress Systems in the Negative Affective State Associated With Nicotine Withdrawal.." Negative Affective States and Cognitive Impairments in Nicotine Dependence.. 2016;177-189..
- Society for Neuroscience
- American Psychological Association
Log In to edit your profile