The core curriculum is based on ABPM&R requirements and is supplemented by courses and hands-on workshops that take place across the year.
- Weekly didactics (protected time from Thursday 8 a.m.-Noon) in key lecture blocks serves as the core didactic experience.
- Majority of lectures are given by faculty and includes invited lecturers from outside departments and institutions.
- Hands-on workshops (peripheral joint and spinal injections, electrodiagnosis, musculoskeletal exam) are provided across the year and typically occur within their related lecture block.
- Cadaver Anatomy Workshops
- Prosthetics and Orthotics Workshops
- Gait Lab Workshops
- Spasticity Workshops
- Ultrasound Workshops
- EMG Workshops
- Cervical Dystonia and Upper Limb Spasticity Workshops
- Impairment Rating Workshops
- Peripheral Joint Workshops
- Critical Review of the Literature
Comprehensive Review of PM&R
We offer an annual Comprehensive Review Course in PM&R. Details about the 2021 Comprehensive Review Course will be posted soon.
Sports Medicine Journal Club
The Sports Medicine Journal Club meets once a month with presentation and discussion of articles by residents and/or faculty in a variety of settings.
Running Clinics and the Marathon
- Houston Marathon Running Clinics - Assist in biomechanic evaluation and diagnosis of running related injuries. Occurs weekly until race day.
- Houston Marathon - Participate as part of the medical team during the race every January.
Clinical Research Curriculum
See details about the Fundamentals of Clinical Investigation course as part of the Clinical Scientist Training Program.