Title IX Office

Get Help


If You Have Experienced Sexual Violence, Relationship Violence, or Stalking:

Go to a safe place. This could be the home of a friend, family member, or neighbor, a community center, a fire station or a police station.

Contact someone you trust. It is important to talk to someone about what has happened. You do not have to go through this alone.

Preserve evidence. It is important to preserve evidence even if there has not been a decision on whether or not to seek medical care or make a report. Evidence should be collected immediately in order to preserve the quality of the item(s). It is recommended that an individual not shower, bathe, wash hands, use the toilet, change clothes, or wash clothing/bedding after an assault. Items such as clothing/bedding should be placed in a paper bag. Other items such as photographs, videos, audio recordings, and communication via text, emails, and/or social media platforms should be saved.

Seek Medical Attention. Health care professionals can provide treatment for injuries, test for sexually transmitted infections (STIs), and collect forensic evidence. Forensic exams are performed by specially trained doctors or nurses and can be completed even if an individual has not decided to make a report to local law enforcement. In the Texas Medical Center, Memorial Hermann Hospital (713) 704-1261, Ben Taub Hospital (713) 873-2000, and Texas Children’s Hospital (832) 824-1000 provide forensic exams.

Around the city of Houston, Memorial Hermann branch hospitals (Southwest, Northwest, Southeast, Northeast, Memorial City, Katy, Sugar Land, The Woodlands, Children’s Memorial Hermann), and Methodist Willowbrook can assist.

Houston Area Women’s Center (713) 526-7273, www.hawc.org) and Montrose Center (LGBT support and services), (713) 526-3211, www.montrosecenter.org) can provide free rides to and from the hospital as well as accompaniment from an advocate who can help individuals understand the process, available resources, and will stay during portions of the exam for support if desired.

Seek confidential support. Baylor offers faculty, staff, residents, postdoctoral trainees and students access to confidential healthcare services and discussions at no additional cost.

For confidential healthcare services and discussions, consult:
Student and House Staff Mental Health Service: (713) 798-4881 or student-help@bcm.edu
WellConnect (students only): (866) 640-4777 or www.wellconnectbysrs.com
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) (faculty/staff only): (713) 500-3008 or (866) 893-3776

For confidential discussions only, consult the Ombuds Office: (713) 798.5039, ombudsoffice@bcm.edu, or www.bcm.edu/ombuds

Consider making a report. An individual who has experienced an act of violence or stalking has the option to notify or not notify authorities, including local law enforcement and College administrators. If notified, law enforcement officials can assist in obtaining orders of protection, restraining orders, or other court orders. If notified, College administrators can assist individuals with evaluating their options, contacting the appropriate law enforcement agency, and can offer interim remedial measures such as no contact orders and assistance with changes to work or academic environments.


Baylor College of Medicine Support


The Baylor Title IX Coordinator and Deputy Coordinator are here to assist victims and can facilitate contact with the Baylor Security Office, the Houston Police Department and other College specific services. The Title IX coordinator and deputy coordinator can provided assistance with changes to your academic or employment environments. Please be aware that Baylor College of Medicine reserves the right to change academic or employment arrangements of any person involved in an allegation of sexual violence, intimate partner violence or stalking to the extent necessary to protect the safety, well-being, or property of the members of the College, to protect the individual’s own physical or emotional safety and well-being, or to preserve the orderly functioning or the operations of the College.

  • Student and House Staff Mental Health Service - WellConnect (students only) - Baylor Compliance and Ethics Hotline (855) 764-7292
  • Baylor Human Resources Employee Relations (713) 798-4346
  • Ombuds Office
  • Baylor Graduate Medical Education (713) 798- 4620
  • Baylor Student Affairs (713) 798-4600
  • Baylor Security (713) 798-4676
  • Office of General Counsel at (713) 798-6392
  • Office of Postdoctoral Research (713) 798-4531
  • Graduate School of Biomedical Science (713) 798- 4032
  • Baylor Employee Assistance Program (713) 500-3008
  • Resident, Fellow, and Student Assistance Program (713) 798-4881



There are many resources at Baylor College of Medicine, throughout Houston and across the country to help individuals dealing with sexual harassment and sexual violence. Find the resources you need.

Media Component

Resources for Survivors of Sexual Violence, Relationship Violence and Stalking


These brochures offer information on health care and support services, reporting options and Baylor’s process for addressing reports of sexual violence, relationship violence and stalking.


Filing a Report


Baylor College of Medicine strongly encourages the prompt reporting of sexual harassment, sexual violence and intimate partner violence. Find out what you need to know to file a report today.


If You See Something, Do Something


Learn about how you can help someone who may be dealing with sexual harassment or sexual violence.