Clinical Ethics Internship
This program is designed to provide students the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the fast-paced field of clinical ethics. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to:
- Spend up to 8-weeks (May – July 2022) working with an experienced clinical faculty mentor
- Shadow clinical ethics consultants at our hospital-based clinical ethics services
- Participate in research and writing that supports the clinical ethics mission
- Gain exposure to one of the preeminent bioethics centers in the country
The Clinical Ethics Internship is an in-person, hospital-based opportunity in the Texas Medical Center in Houston, Texas.
Bioethics and Health Policy Research Internship
This program is designed to provide students the opportunity to participate in research on perennial and emerging ethical issues in areas like the ethical, legal, and social implications of genomics, neuroethics, the ethics of artificial intelligence, medical decision-making, and health equity. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to:
- Spend up to 10-weeks (June – August 2022) conducting research on a topic area of interest with an experienced research faculty mentor
- Engage in educational opportunities with Center faculty and staff through a lunch-and-learn series
- Participate in the Center’s community through intellectual events and social activities
The Bioethics and Health Policy Internship is either remote or in-person at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. Research experiences will not include laboratory or work in the healthcare setting.