Congratulations on your upcoming employment with Baylor College of Medicine. Please review the information below. This page will provide you with everything you need to know so that you are prepared for your first day and new employee orientation.
To Be Completed Prior to Your First Day
Step 1: Online New Hire Paperwork
- A link has been/will be emailed to the email address provided during the recruitment process from firstname.lastname@example.org. This online paperwork must be completed by the Friday prior to your start date. Once you complete your online paperwork, you will no longer have access to the Success Factors System until after your start date.
Step 2: I-9 Documentation
All new hires must complete the I-9 work authorization verification process prior to their orientation session. You will have one of two options:
Virtual Option (preferred)
- E-mail a completed BCM Notarized Verification Form and your Form I-9 supporting documents to Iemail@example.com.
- Employees must scan in either one document from List A or one document from List B in combination with one document from List C.
- All documents must be clear and legible.
- If you are a U.S. citizen, schedule an appointment to meet with a HR representative to complete your in-person I-9 work authorization verification process.
- If you are a non-U.S. citizen, including U.S. permanent resident, please contact HR-International Services Office (ISO) at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment with an ISO representative.
- Employees must present either one document from List A or one document from List B in combination with one document from List C.
- Appointments are available on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays between the hours of 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Appointment times are limited and must be scheduled a week prior to your orientation date.
If you are a non-U.S. citizen and do not have a U.S. Social Security Number and/or I-94 Number, or you are unable to locate your I-94 number, please communicate with the International Services Office.
Step 3: Complete Online Trainings
- As part of your onboarding process, you will be required to complete a series of online training courses. These courses should be completed within the first 10 days of employment. We are able to provide you with an opportunity to begin these sessions in advance of your first day of work. You are not obligated to complete them prior to your first day.
To Be Completed On Your First Day
On the morning of your orientation, you will receive an email from the orientation team by 11 a.m., which will include the following:
A PDF attachment with your new employee login information
- You CANNOT access the Baylor system until AFTER orientation.
A link to the electronic benefits packet
- If you would like to include a spouse, domestic partner or other dependents on your benefit plans, you will need to email copies of your dependent verification documents to email@example.com along with the dependent eligibility form. The dependent eligibility form will be provided to you on your first day and is also provided in your electronic benefits packet.
A link for the virtual orientation session via Zoom
- A virtual orientation session will be held on your start date from 2 to 4 p.m. via Zoom. You do not need to be connected to a Baylor network to access the Zoom session.
- Important note: You will NOT be able to access the Baylor systems until after orientation. If you have any questions regarding your computer login, contact the IT Helpdesk at 713-798-8737 after orientation.
To Be Completed After Orientation
Step 1: Get Your Baylor ID Badge
- You will visit the badging office one day after your new employee orientation, before reporting to your work location.
- You will be required to have an official Baylor College of Medicine photo identification badge to access buildings.
- You will need to present a photo ID to receive your badge.
- You will need to travel to the main Baylor Campus to obtain your badge. You can take the shuttle or pay for parking (front entrance or at Garage 6). The physical address for the badging office is listed below:
One Baylor Plaza, Room 108H
Houston, Texas 77030
Step 2: Visit the Occupational Health Program to receive your TB Skin Test
- You are required to receive a TB skin test during your first week here at Baylor, via the Occupational Health Program.
Location: Baylor Clinic, 6620 Main Street, Suite 1250, Houston, TX 77030
Clinic Hours for New Employee TB testing placement: Tuesday, Wednesday, or Friday of orientation week from 7:30 a.m. - noon and 1 - 4:30 p.m. (no appointments required)
- Once you have received your TB skin test, you will be asked to return after 48-72 hours, to have your TB skin test read. Failure to do so will result in having a repeat test.
- During your visit, you will be asked to provide your vaccination records.
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-798-7880. Additional information can also be found here.
Step 3: Report to Work
- Contact your supervisor/hiring manager to understand when and where you need to report to work.
Step 4: Access Baylor Systems
- Please follow the instructions provided on your first day to update your password.
- Download the Google Authenticator App.
- Wait for the MFA invitation email from IT. This email will be sent to your Baylor College of Medicine email account after orientation.
Step 5: Contact Parking and Commuter Services
For general information and inquiries:
Step 6: Complete the BCM COVID-19 Vaccine Attestation
- Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) is committed to vaccinating our students, patients, employees and other learners as quickly as we can. This is an ever-changing environment and although vaccination is not currently required by BCM or our clinical affiliates, this can change.
- At this time, fully vaccinated employee/learners are able to be present in non-healthcare settings without a mask or the need to socially distance.
- Employee/learners are considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after a final dose of an FDA or WHO approved vaccine and have indicated so in the BCM COVID-19 Vaccine Attestation.
- Employee/learners who are unvaccinated (or do not complete the attestation) are required to continue to wear a mask and socially distance while on campus.
- If you have not been vaccinated, but would like to be, you are eligible to receive vaccination through BCM by going to Vaccine Sign Up. You can read the full guidance and other important information related to COVID-19 at BCM here.
Step 6: Return the Life Insurance and Electronic Consent Forms
- These forms will be discussed during orientation.
Step 7: Enroll in your Benefits
- Use the Baylor intranet to enroll within 31 days of your start date.